WASHINGTON — When the tough-talking former St. Landry Parish sheriff's deputy and viral Crime Stoppers video star Clay Higgins declared his candidacy for Congress late in the 2016 race, he described campaigning for Congress as "descending into the belly of the beast." Read more
- Grace Notes: Can Congressional candidate Clay Higgins upset Scott Angelle by channeling Donald Trump?
- In newly released tape recordings, Clay Higgins says winning election will help him pay $100K-plus in child support
- Clay Higgins — Cajun John Wayne — defeats Scott Angelle to be Acadiana congressman
- Video: ‘Cajun John Wayne’ says he’ll be a candidate for Louisiana’s 3rd Congressional District
- Clay Higgins, the ‘Cajun John Wayne,’ now a Lafayette City Marshal reserve deputy