Hard rocker and onetime possible U.S. Senate candidate Kid Rock has released a new album unto the world. His 11th studio album, "Sweet Southern Sugar," is described on Apple Music as "hard-edged country rock and a gritty Four Tops cover."
That's exactly what the Four Tops needed — grit. Who knew? Thanks Kid.
I took Rock's latest album for a few spins. Since 2003, he is no longer "the bullgod" but has steered himself into a career path as a reliably rocking truck salesman. While listening to this new record, I couldn't help but think of other things I'd rather be doing.
Without further adieu, here are 10 things that are truly awful but still somehow better than "Sweet Southern Sugar."
10. "Creed Shreds" videos.
9. Talking gender politics with your grandfather during the holidays.
8. Shopping at Walmart on Black Friday.
7. A double feature of "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" and "Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2."
6. Donna Brazile's new book.
5. Hunting with Ted Nugent and Dick Cheney.
4. The past decade of Cleveland Browns football.
3. Falling down an elevator shaft.
2. Eating glass.
1. Skip Bayless.