LaF AYETTE — Lafayette Regional Airport has received 31 applications for the director’s job, which opened in June when longtime Director Greg Roberts resigned, the Airport Commission announced Monday.
The airport began advertising for the position Aug. 15. The deadline was 4:30 p.m. Friday.
A five-member search committee now will decide which applicants will be chosen for a first round of interviews via video.
Once the top applicants are chosen from the initial interviews, representatives from the search committee will travel to the communities of the applicants for in-person interviews, then forward a short list to the Airport Commission for a final decision.
The position will pay $100,000 to $155,000 a year, depending on experience and education.
The only requirement is that applicants have at least a four-year college degree and some form of leadership experience.
Desired qualifications include 10 years of senior management experience at an airport, accreditation from the American Association of Airport Executives, and a degree in business management, aviation management, engineering or a related field.
The aviation director position became vacant June 15 when Roberts resigned shortly after being placed on administrative leave for allegedly pointing a fake gun at an engineer during a disagreement at a June 11 airport business meeting.
Lafayette Parish District Attorney Mike Harson declined to pursue charges, citing the wishes of the engineer to drop the issue.
The Airport Commission provided this list of applicants, including current or recent employment and place of residence:
- Joshua Abramson, executive director, Tupelo Airport Authority, Tupelo, Mississippi
- Greg Accardo, property and development coordinator, Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport, Baton Rouge
- Barry Barnett, president, East Texas Jet Support, Troup, Texas
- Robert Benson, former ground transportation manager, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Ellenwood, Georgia
- David Blackshear, vice president, Applied Airport Technology, Lafayette, Louisiana/Davidsonville, Maryland
- Ismael Bonilla, deputy director, Broward County Aviation Department, Fort Lauderdale/Pembroke Pines, Florida
- April Criss, agent support representative, Confie Insurance Group, Baton Rouge
- Cullen Davidson, adjunct faculty in aviation, University of Central Missouri, Knob Noster, Missouri
- Michael Deroose, facility manager, Katoen Natie Louisiana, Port Allen
- Jason Devillier, airport director, Iberia Parish Airport Authority, Lafayette
- Alex Everman, senior airport operations agent, Colorado Springs Airport, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Larry Franklin, quality assurance manager, Zodiac Seats US, Las Vegas
- Robert Fricke, captain and manager, Delta Private Jets, High Point, North Carolina
- Ace Garcia, duty manager, British Airways, The Woodlands, Texas
- Angela Gatlin, security sergeant, BASF Geismar, Walker.
- Fred Glover, senior aerospace sustainment consultant, YourEncore, Canyon Lake, Texas
- Lionel Grant, surveillance manager, Fair Grounds, New Orleans
- Craig Hutchison, vice president of operations, Sierra West Airlines, Arvada, Colorado
- Robert Kennedy, vice president, Consulting Services, Aviation Strategies International, East Point, Georgia
- Steve Krueger, special agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Broussard
- Richard Milford, senior enlisted leader, Texas Army National Guard, Keller, Texas
- Jeff Miller, manager on duty, San Jose International Airport, Menlo Park, California
- Richard Nicholas, regional aviation manager, Americas Region, International SOS, Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania
- John O’Neal, former chief general aviation development coordinator for Miami-Dade Airport Aviation Department, Pueblo, Colorado
- David Slayter, executive director, Houma-Terrebonne Airport Commission, Houma
- Timothy Tenne, retired U.S. Air Force colonel, Towson, Maryland
- Keith Thibodeaux, retired U.S. Air Force colonel, Lafayette
- Carey Tucker, deputy director of logistics, installations, Barksdale Air Force Base, Bossier City
- Beatrice Valdez-Heidari, real estate broker, San Antonio
- Thad Webre, consultant, Edgard
- Darrol Wiltz, procurements counselor, St. Martinville