LAFAYETTE — Nonprofit organizations in Acadia, Lafayette, St. Martin and Vermilion parishes may submit proposals for United Way of Acadiana’s Plan of Action for Community Transformation grant awards from July 15 through Sept. 30.
According to a news release, the PACT United seeks to invest donations in proposals that target three service areas:
• Education: Helping children graduate from high school.
• Earnings: Helping families and individuals become financially stable.
• Essentials: Helping people meet their basic needs.
The United Way will hold free workshops that detail the proposal process at:
• 9 a.m. to noon July 19-20 and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. July 21 at United Way of Acadiana offices, 215 E. Pinhook Road.
• 9 a.m. to noon July 26 at the St. Martin Parish Library, 201 Porter St., St. Martinville.
• 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 3 at LSU AgCenter, 157 Cherokee Drive, Crowley.
• 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Aug. 4 at Vermilion Parish Library, 504 E. St. Victor St., Abbeville.
Organizations interested in attending a workshop should register at http://www.UnitedWayofAcadiana.org by noon July 15. Seating is limited.
Organizations submitting proposals must have an IRS 501(c)3 tax-exempt status, outline programs that work with target populations to achieve long-term goals and be able to demonstrate the ability to implement and evaluate outcomes, the release says.
For more information or to submit a proposal online, visit: http://www.UnitedWayofAcadiana.org.