LAFAYETTE — In the 23 days he was on the run, Wade Lohse traveled through Southern and East Coast states, posted a YouTube video and, according to authorities, probably stole a frozen drink machine before his arrest in Philadelphia on April 16.

Lohse’s multi-state trek officially came to an end at 2 a.m. Sunday, when he was booked into the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center, sheriff’s Capt. Kip Judice said.

Judice and prosecutor J.N. Prather released some details about Lohse’s travels as a fugitive on the run. He fled while facing felony charges that include vehicular homicide.

Although Lohse has a bond hearing scheduled for Tuesday, Prather promised to make sure he remains locked up until he stands trial on one or more felonies he faces.

“Rest assured the defendant will not be released on bond,” Prather said.

Lohse’s attorney, Thomas Alonzo, was out of the country Monday and unavailable for comment, his office said.

Lohse’s travels began the morning of March 25. The 43-year-old was out on bond but waiting in a Lafayette courtroom to stand trial on a felon in possession of a weapon charge.

Also hanging over his head and scheduled on the docket for trial that week were two other felony charges. The charges include vehicular homicide, stemming from the June 2012 death of Cacie Barras McGrew.

As Prather and Alonzo that morning tried to work out a sentencing deal for the three charges, Lohse told his attorney he needed to put coins in a parking meter outside the courthouse.

He walked out the door and disappeared.

Lohse’s journey brought him through Louisiana and on to Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Virginia and Pennsylvania before he was finally caught, Judice said.

Judice said he could not divulge details about how authorities know he visited those states, and the circumstances that led to the arrest in Philadelphia.

Prather said Lohse now faces new charges, handed down on Monday. One is for bail jumping, which carries a sentence of one to three years in prison; the other is for theft of a frozen drink machine.

Lohse was arrested after crashing into a vehicle June 10 on Youngsville Highway, killing McGrew, a 29-year-old mother of one, and was later indicted on one count of vehicular homicide.

At some point during the 23 days he was a fugitive, Lohse made an 11-minute video and posted it on YouTube. In the video he claimed prosecutors were out to get him, and that he was not drunk when he crashed into McGrew.

A message seeking comment from McGrew’s mother, Cindy Barras, was not returned Monday.

Judice said Lohse was returned to Lafayette by Texas Prisoner Transport Division, a private company that ferries prisoners.

He said the long wait prosecutors and others had to endure since Lohse was captured in April was attributable to the time required for the extradition process and working out the logistics of getting him from Philadelphia to Lafayette.