The owner of a Chinese-food restaurant in Scott was injured Monday and his patrons evacuated after a fire broke out in the restaurant’s kitchen.

Firefighters responded to a fire at Hot Wok on Cameron Street around 2 p.m. and found light smoke coming from the restaurant and an ongoing fire inside near the kitchen’s stove, according to Scott Fire Chief Chad Sonnier.

By the time firefighters got inside of the restaurant, most of the fire had been put out by the fire suppression hood system built into the restaurant’s kitchen, Sonnier said. But the restaurant’s owner was hospitalized. He suffered second-degree burns on his hands, arms and face when he tried to extinguish the fire.

Although no other injuries were reported, the restaurant will remain closed until the fire suppression system is recharged, Sonnier said.