OPELOUSAS — Authorities say a Washington man booked Thursday on felony theft is accused of stealing a boat motor from a Port Barre home in May 2013.
Samuel David Hadley, 26, was released on a $10,000 bond, said Sgt. Clay Higgins, spokesman with the St. Landry Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Sgt. Keith Dupre, a detective assigned to the theft case, located the motor Oct. 22 at a property within the parish, Higgins said in a news release. It was valued at more than $1,500.
“Detective Dupre recalled the cold case description of the motor and compared it with the original report,” Higgins said. “Once the motor was verified and documented, Detective Dupre investigated, connected some dots and identified a suspect.”
If convicted, Hadley faces up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
Arrests posted Nov. 14, 2014, on the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office website:
- BRANDON KEITH ALFRED: 26, of the 100 block of Clayton Street, Carencro. He was booked on hold for court.
- BLANCHE MARIE ARCENEAUX: 23, of the 1100 block of Pellerin Street, Jeanerette. She was booked on driver must be licensed and three counts for Iberia Parish.
- CODY RAMON BROWN: 32, of the 200 block of Randolph Street, Lafayette. He was booked on failure to obey traffic control; mirrors; three counts of operating a vehicle with a suspended license; resisting an officer; and speeding.
- JOSEPH C. BROWN: 21, of the 100 block of Gulf Street, Lafayette. He was booked on carrying a weapon while committing or attempting to commit a crime or while in possession or during sale or distribution of a controlled substance; misdemeanor possession of marijuana; and warrant/bench warrant.
- CONNIE BUTEAUX: 46, of the 1000 block of Lester Roberts Road, Breaux Bridge. She was booked on misdemeanor theft.
- KENNETH WAYNE HICKS: 19, of the 400 block of Government Road, Opelousas. He was booked on misdemeanor theft and misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
- IVAN ISIDRO-ESCAMILLA: 28, of the 500 block of Sonnier Road, Carencro. He was booked on warrant/bench warrant.
- JOSEPH JONES: 26, of the 1000 block of Jolie Blonde Road, Breaux Bridge. He was booked on hold for court.
- JAMES PAUL MOUTON: 32, of the 100 block of Westchester Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule II narcotics and distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule III narcotics.
- STEPHEN MICHAEL OLESKE: 37, of the 100 block of Tesa Drive, Scott. He was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated and speeding up to 10 miles over.
- DEONTRE SMITH: 22, of the 700 block of Alphonse Street, Abbeville. She was booked on shoplifting.
- VIVIAN TAYLOR: 60, of the 100 block of Sybil Drive, Lafayette. She was booked on two counts of careless driving and misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
- RODERICK ANTHONY THOMPSON: 31, of the 300 block of East Franklin Street, Opelousas. He was booked on interference with assistance dogs.
- HANNAH VEAZEY: 19, of the 2800 block of Stacy Road, Broussard. She was booked on underage driving under the influence and speeding.