LAFAYETTE — A Lafayette woman suspected of providing alcohol for juveniles and then refusing medical care to a youth whose jaw was broken at the party is being sought by police.
Brandi Rene Comeaux, 37, is wanted on one count of felony cruelty to a juvenile and nine misdemeanor counts of contributing to the delinquency of juveniles, Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office Capt. Craig Stansbury said.
Comeaux hosted a party at her home, where she gave minors alcohol, Stansbury said. During the party, one of the young men was attacked and his jaw was broken.
“The juvenile was in severe pain and requested an ambulance,” Stansbury said in an emailed news release. “Ms. Comeaux refused to contact an ambulance or bring the juvenile to the hospital, stating she would get in trouble for letting kids drink at her house.”
Stansbury did not state when the party occurred or where Comeaux’s home is located.
Police told Comeaux there is a warrant for her arrest but she refused to surrender, he said.
Comeaux could be driving a white 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe with Louisiana license number PKS541.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office at (337) 232-9211 or Lafayette Crime Stoppers (337) 232-TIPS.
Warrants issued for 3 armed robbery suspects
LAFAYETTE — Three men who wore masks in a robbery Wednesday night have been identified, police said.
Demarcus Bernard, 19; Bryson Dixon, 20; and Jordan Willis, 26, all of Lafayette, are believed to be the suspects who robbed a Moss Street business, with one of them brandishing a handgun during the heist, Lafayette Police Cpl. Nicole Benoit said.
Warrants were issued Friday for their arrests, she said.
The robbery occurred about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 3500 block of Moss Street.
“The suspects ordered the employee to open the store safe and then the suspects removed an undisclosed amount of money from the safe and the registers,” Benoit said in a release.
No one was injured.
Anyone with information on the suspects’ whereabouts is asked to call Lafayette police or Crime Stoppers at (337) 232-TIPS.
Morgan City police looking for fugitive
MORGAN CITY — A inmate in Morgan City police custody escaped while he received medical care Thursday at the Teche Regional Medical Center’s emergency room.
Jamison C. Dunigan, 39, is wanted on counts of simple escape and possession of drug paraphernalia. Dunigan also is wanted on an obstruction of justice warrant from Baldwin County, Alabama.
Dunigan was able to free himself from the restraints and escaped, Morgan City Police Capt. James Blair said in a news release.
Dunigan is 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighs about 155 pounds, and has green eyes and brown hair. He was last seen wearing a white T-shirt and blue shorts.
He’s lived in Atmore, Alabama, Shubuta, Missouri, and in Pierre Part at 128 Agnes St.
Arrests posted Aug. 29, 2014, on the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office website:
- JALIL SAMIR ABUSHANAB: 25, of the 200 block of Village Lane, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated and careless operation.
- ARIEL JOSEPH ALEXANDER: 21, of the 100 block of South Beadle Street, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor domestic abuse battery.
- CORNELL JAMES BABINEAUX: 21, of the 1100 block of Irene Street, Lafayette. He was booked on two counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- MIKE JONATHAN BONNER: 47, of the 400 block of Hilda Street, Lafayette. He was booked on resisting an officer and two counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- CHRISTOPHER SCOTT BOUDREAUX JR.: 21, of the 100 block of Manhattan Avenue, Duson. He was booked on three counts of fugitive and hold for court.
- BRETT PAUL BROUSSARD: 51, of the 1000 block of Girl Scout Road, Breaux Bridge. He was booked on two counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- DONTE CORPUS: 22, of Park Avenue, New Iberia. He was booked on misdemeanor theft.
- HAROLD DAVIS JR.: 47, of the 100 block of Pat Street, Scott. He was booked for St. Martin Parish.
- WILLIAM KEITH FOY: 20, of the 700 block of Riverbend Lane, Sulphur. He was booked on misdemeanor theft of goods and for Calcasieu Parish.
- ANNA K. GUERCIO: 32, of the 200 block of Buena Vista Boulevard, Lafayette. She was booked on municipal purposes.
- JOSEPH GUIDRY: 40, of the 200 block of Georgia/213 Dear Street, Lafayette. He was booked on aggravated second-degree battery.
- JEREMY JAMES LAWRENCE: 29, of the 200 block of Harrington Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on two counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- DEVIN DEVON LAWRENCE: 21, of the 300 block of Connie Circle, Lafayette. He was booked on fugitive and warrant/bench warrant.
- EDGAR ELVIR MARTINEZ: 26, of the 500 block of Estrambo Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor stalking.
- DEVIN DEDRICK MELACON: 18, of the 1000 block of George Dupuis Road, Henderson. He was booked on misdemeanor distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule I narcotics.
- DONOVAN TYRONE MONROE: 53, of the 12510 block of South Green Drive, Houston. He was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
- KEVIN THOMAS MORGAN: 20, of the 30289 block of Mathes Street, Albany. He was booked on obstruction of justice and prohibited activities (drug paraphernalia).
- WHITNEY MURRAY: 20, of the 100 block of South Beadle Road, Lafayette. She was booked on misdemeanor domestic abuse battery.
- MARIE ANNETTE PRADIER: 58, of the 500 block of East Main Street, Lafayette. She was booked on disturbing the peace and criminal mischief.
- PERCY JAMES ROCHESTER: 49, of the 400 block of Sweetbriar, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor domestic abuse battery.
- ALEX SAM: 18, of the 400 block of Ena Street, Lafayette. He was booked on three counts of simple burglary and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
- AUSTIN JAMES SEGURA: 20, of the 200 block of Cankton Road, Carencro. He was booked on municipal purposes and misdemeanor theft.