A New Iberia man was shot to death early Saturday morning, just hours after he finished celebrating his birthday, KATC-TV reports.
The victim was discovered dead inside his vehicle with a gunshot wound to the head in the 300 block of Field Street, Iberia Parish sheriff’s deputies said.
Although deputies haven’t yet identified the victim, friends and family told the television station that he is Terry Delahoussey.
“I mean it’s a hurting feeling,” Willie Jones, a friend of Delahoussey’s, told KATC. “He was like an uncle to me, and it’s going to hurt, but he was a good person.”
Detectives are asking anyone with information to contact the Iberia Parish Sheriff’s office at (337) 369-3711
Crash on Interstate 10 results in minor injuries
A pickup truck and six 18-wheelers crashed on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge Sunday evening, closing all westbound lanes for more than two hours but causing only minor injuries, State Police said.
The wreck, which occurred near milepost 122 just east of Butte La Rose in St. Martin Parish, left four people with minor injuries but did not cause any life-threatening injuries, said Master Trooper Brooks David.
The pileup began when the pickup truck crashed on the interstate, blocking both westbound lanes of traffic, David said. Six 18-wheelers were behind the pickup truck and became involved in the crash, David said.
David said he was notified of the crash around 5:30 p.m. and that troopers were able to reopen all lanes of the interstate by about 7:40 p.m.
State Police diverted westbound traffic onto U.S. 190 before reopening the interstate.
Arrests posted Dec. 6, on the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office website:
- BROOKE ELIZABETH ABSHIRE: 32, of the 7700 block of Sara Drive, Maurice. She was booked on a warrant/bench warrant.
- JASMINE JAMICIA AMOS: 32, of the 400 block of Arnaudville Road, Carencro. She was booked on misdemeanor theft and misdemeanor theft of goods.
- DESTINY ANDRUS: 19, of the 400 block of Dellas Drive, Lafayette. She was booked on felony theft.
- CALVIN JOSEPH JR. AUZENNE JR.: 39, homeless, Lafayette. He was booked on simple criminal damage to property.
- TREVIS BEN: 21, of the 200 block of Oxbow Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on three warrants/bench warrants.
- KEENA ADELLE BLISS: 29, homeless, Lafayette. She was booked on felony illegal possession of stolen things and misdemeanor theft.
- JOSEPH BROUSSARD: 43, of the 1200 block of Irene Street, Lafayette. He was booked on two counts of criminal trespass.
- GLYNN ERIC CHAUVIN: 34, of the 200 block of Essex Street, Lafayette. He was booked on Schedule II narcotics; Schedule III narcotics; Schedule IV narcotics; misdemeanor illegal carrying of weapons; and misdemeanor theft of goods.
- ASHLEY COMEAUX: 26, of the 200 block of Duffy Street, Sunset. She was booked on being held for St. Landry Parish.
- LESLIE GRIFFIN: 25, of the 100 block of Knight Street, Broussard. She was booked on failure to obey traffic control; misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated; and open container of alcohol in a vehicle.
- BLAKE HUNTER: 21, of the 100 block of Rye Circle, Bossier City. He was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated and speeding.
- JOHNATHON RILEY LAVOI: 38, of the 1900 block of Eraste Landry Road, Lafayette. He was booked on home invasion.
- CAROL LINDON: 17, of the 500 block of Gomen, Lafayette. He was booked on felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile.
- NEEKAIL MOUTON: 19, of the 500 block of South Pierce Street, Lafayette. She was booked on failure to obey traffic control; misdemeanor Schedule I narcotics; resisting an officer; and two warrants/bench warrants.
- KEVIN ANTHONY PERROT: 53, of the 100 block of Clara Street, Lafayette. He was booked on simple battery.
- JAROD POMMIER: 21, of the 100 block of Paradise Street, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated and not having a driver’s license.
- RONALD VINCENT RICE: 48, of the 300 block of West End Street, Lafayette. He was booked on a warrant/bench warrant.
- DENISE RENEE RICHARD: 52, of the 400 block of North A Street, Duson. She was booked as a fugitive.
- TINA A. VILARDO: 40, of the 100 block of Marygold Drive, Opelousas. She was booked on shoplifting.
- DEANNA LYNN VINCENT: 34, of the 1200 block of Irene Street, Lafayette. She was booked on prohibited activities (drug paraphernalia) and Schedule II narcotics.
- KENNA WILLIAMS: 26, of the 1400 block of Cameron Street, Lafayette. She was booked on being a pedestrian on a highway.