CROWLEY — A 23-year-old Crowley man was shot and killed early Monday, police said.
Ryan Gums was shot multiple times in the upper torso at 2 a.m. in the 1400 block of West Northern Avenue near Buatt Street, Police Chief K.P. Gibson said.
Gums later died at Acadia General Hospital, Gibson said in a news release.
Gibson said detectives had not yet identified a suspect.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at (337) 783-1234 or Crime Stoppers of Acadia Parish at (337) 789-TIPS.
Mother of 4-month-old booked in cruelty case
MORGAN CITY — A Morgan City woman suspected of ignoring signs her 4-month-old needed medical attention and also shaking the child violently was booked during the weekend on one count of felony child cruelty, officials said.
Monique N. Landry, 19, was arrested Saturday after witnesses contacted Morgan City police and reported they were concerned about the child’s medical condition, Capt. James Blair said.
Evidence also indicated that Landry allegedly shook “the child by the arms and causing the infant to strike its head,” Blair said.
Police contacted the state Department of Children and Family Services, which sent an investigator.
Blair said police detectives along with the state investigator are continuing the investigation.
Arrests posted July 14, 2014, on the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office website:
- KIRK M. ANSLUM: 32, of the 100 block of South Meyers Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule II narcotics; distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule III narcotics; distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule IV narcotics; and prohibited activities (drug paraphernalia).
- RORY LEE CASTILLE: 34, of the 300 block of Breton Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor possession of marijuana; telephone communications; improper language; harassment; and terrorism.
- NAOMI CHAILLOT: 31, of the 1200 block of Crowley Egan Highway, Crowley. She was booked on shoplifting.
- AMANDA MARIE CHESTNUT: 47, of the 1100 block of Breaux Road, Lafayette. She was booked on distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule III narcotics.
- DERRICK WAYNE EVIVIE: 23, of the 200 block of Windsor Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
- JAMIE L. FREDERICK: 31, of the 1300 block of Rue De Laporte Road, Arnaudville. She was booked on warrant/bench warrant and misdemeanor theft of goods.
- CODI GASPARD: 27, of the 9600 block of Maurice Avenue, Maurice. She was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
- KOREY GONZALEZ: 20, of the 300 block of Feu Follet Road, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
- GARDALE HURST: 23, homeless, Lafayette. He was booked for Iberville Parish; unauthorized use of a motor vehicle; and warrant/bench warrant.
- CHRISTOPHER MYERS: 23, of the 100 block of Finola Drive, Crowley. He was booked on disturbing the peace; misdemeanor possession of marijuana; and resisting an officer.
- DERREL GLEN PRUDHOMME: 60, homeless, Lafayette. He was booked on criminal trespass.
- MICHAEL TATE: 45, of the 100 block of South Beadle Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor theft.
- BYRON JAMES THIBODEAUX: 49, of the 200 block of Eula Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on six counts of hold for extradition.
- DAVID JOSEPH TRAHAN: 36, of the 200 block of Mills Street, Scott. He was booked on five counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- JODY PAUL VICE JR.: 24, of the 1000 block of Robley Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor domestic abuse battery.
- DENNIS LOUIS WADSWORTH: 44, of the 2500 block of East Simcoe Street, Lafayette. He was booked on aggravated battery.
- MICHAEL WASHINGTON: 39, of the 1300 block of West Peach Avenue, Eunice. He was booked for St. John Parish.
- CODY WEBER: 19, of the 700 block of Catholique Road, Carencro. He was booked on entry on or remaining in place.