LAFAYETTE — A man pleaded guilty in federal court this week to using the Internet to try persuading a child in Lake Charles to have sex with him, officials said.
Timothy Kelly, 40, of Jeannette, Pennsylvania, pleaded guilty to one count of using a facility in interstate commerce in his attempt at underage sex.
Evidence at the plea hearing in U.S. District Judge Richard Haik’s court showed Kelly had online discussions with a 13-year-old girl about having sex, and sent the minor lewd, explicit photos of himself, U.S. Attorney Stephanie Finley said.
“He also requested that the girl have sex with him and discussed traveling to Louisiana for that purpose,” Finley said in a news release.
On three days in January 2013, Finley said, Kelly asked the girl to send him explicit photos of herself.
Kelly faces 10 years to life in prison and five years to life of supervised release. He also could be fined up to $250,000 for each offense.
Haik did not set a date for sentencing.
Police seek two men in gang-related violence
CROWLEY — Two men wanted in connection with recent gang violence in Crowley are still at large.
Damien Deshone Guidry, 34, of 1001 North St., Welsh, is wanted on two counts of attempted first-degree murder and a count of home invasion in the Nov. 16 shootings that hospitalized two people, Chief K.P. Gibson said .
Frandon Beverly, 26, of 1212 Lurose Ave., Crowley, is wanted for principal to attempted second-degree murder in a separate shooting, although Gibson did not specify which one.
Beverly is the brother of 22-year-old Taylor Beverly, who was shot dead in October.
The violence is stemming from disputes between two rival gangs, Gibson said.
Guidry is described as a 6-foot-3-inch, 175-pound black man. He’s got short, black hair and multiple gold teeth and is said to have ties to Jennings, Crowley and Texas.
Frandon Beverly is described as a 6-foot, 185-pound black man with short black hair.
Guidry and Beverly should be considered armed and dangerous, Gibson said. Anyone with information on their whereabouts is encouraged to call the anonymous Crime Stoppers tips line at (337) 789-TIPS. Callers can earn up to a $1,000 cash reward.
Teens arrested after high-speed chase
ABBEVILLE — Three teenagers arrested Tuesday on drug and gun counts are accused of taking police on a high-speed chase through Abbeville before crashing into a culvert, KATC-TV reported.
Officers responding to a gun disturbance call near Felicity and Schlesinger streets soon located the Dodge Charger driven by Darron Carter, 17, of Abbeville, who led police through town for about a mile until he crashed near the Winn-Dixie near Mike Street and blew out two tires, police said.
An Abbeville city marshal found a handgun and drugs believed to be thrown from the car during the pursuit, police said.
Carter, along with Gene Williams III and Kavan Broussard, both 18, were each booked on counts of felony marijuana possession, possession of crack cocaine, possessing a firearm in the presence of drugs and obstruction of justice. Carter also was booked on a count of aggravated flight from an officer.
Carencro man booked in attack on couple
OPELOUSAS — Authorities said a Carencro man arrested on a warrant Tuesday was wanted since August on allegations he destroyed his ex-girlfriend’s home and attacked her male companion with an iron rod.
Kevin Senegal, 38, is accused of invading the woman’s house Aug. 23 and going “berserk” with the rod on the man and his car, along with the windows and glassware of the woman’s home, said Sgt. Clay Higgins, St. Landry Parish Sheriff’s Office spokesman. Senegal also is accused of driving a truck into the house, where two young children were hiding from the chaos, Higgins said.
Senegal was booked into the St. Landry Parish Jail on counts of home invasion and criminal damage to property.
- ARRESTS POSTED NOV. 25, ON THE LAFAYETTE PARISH SHERIFF’S WEBSITE:
- Alan Jude Bernard: 47, of the 700 block of West Gloria Switch Road, Lafayette. He was booked on felony theft; filing or maintaining false public records; and injuring public records.
- CAROL MORRIS BOB: 54, of the 400 block of Petite Road, Maurice. He was booked on two counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- MARTEL LEON CARMOUCHE: 28, of the 100 block of Essie Street, Lafayette. He was booked on warrant/bench warrant.
- ELTON JIMMY CARTER: 53, of the 300 block of Beau Bassin Road, Carencro. He was booked on felony operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
- WILLIAM CHANCE: 25, of the 100 block of East Martial Avenue, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated and careless operation.
- EMILE J. CHEVALIER JR.: 23, of the 700 block of Maude Street, Scott. He was booked on three counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- ARTHUR TODD COMEAUX: 51, of the 200 block of Memory Lane, Cankton. He was booked on distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule II narcotics.
- JASON CHRISTOPHER DAIGLE: 44, of the 1000 block of Parish Road 481, Breaux Bridge. He was booked on a warrant/bench warrant.
- PATRICK DAVIDSON: 36, of Rayne. He was booked on parole violation.
- WARREN JOSEPH EBOW JR.: 29, of the 100 block of Champagne Street, Lafayette. He was booked on operating a vehicle with a suspended license.
- LENORRIS JUNIOR FRANCIS: 35, of the 100 block of Lindsey Circle, Carencro. He was booked on possession of marijuana and a warrant/bench warrant.
- MATTHEW EDWARD FREEMAN: 32, of the 3900 block of Highway 14, New Iberia. He was booked on cyberstalking.
- JUSTIN P. GANNON: 31, of the 100 block of Kingspointe Circle, Lafayette. He was booked on felony operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
- MAURICE ANTONIO GIVENS: 51, of the 100 block of McDonald Street, Lafayette. He was booked on a pedestrian crossing violation and shoplifting.
- ROBBY TODD GUILBEAU: 41, of the 100 block of Ray Pardue Road, Duson. He was booked on parole violation.
- TOSHIA NICHOLE LOIGNON: 28, of the 1000 block of Joe Kidder Road, Arnaudville. She was booked on two counts of hold for St. Landry and two counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- JENNIFER RENEE NOEL: 28, of the 800 block of North Sterling Street, Lafayette. She was booked on aggravated battery.
- KEVIN JOHN OLIVIER: 51, of the 1000 block of Robin Street, Breaux Bridge. He was booked on obscenity.
- RYAN SAMUEL SYLVESTER: 37, of the 100 block of Van Buren Street, Lafayette. He was booked on a warrant/bench warrant.
- ANDREA MARIA WALKER: 48, of the 200 block of John Wayne Drive, Lafayette. She was booked on misdemeanor theft and theft of the assets of an aged person or disabled person.
- ERNEST CHRIS WILLIAMS JR.: 30, of the 1000 block of East Simcoe Street, Lafayette. He was booked on aggravated second-degree battery.