LAFAYETTE — A St. Martinville man was arrested late Thursday night after he reportedly drove his vehicle into a house on Butcher Switch Road, KATC-TV reported.
Zane Kidd, 24, was driving east in the 800 block of Butcher Switch Road when he veered off the roadway, traveled across the front lawn of a house and then struck the house, police said.
Kidd was booked into the Lafayette Parish jail on DWI and also cited for careless operation.
Woman indicted in traffic stop incident
LAKE CHARLES — A 33-year-old Sulphur woman shot in the face while allegedly trying to run over a Calcasieu Parish sheriff’s deputy during a traffic stop has been indicted, KATC-TV reported.
Evelyn Dargin was indicted Thursday on charges of attempted second-degree murder, aggravated flight from an officer and aggravated criminal damage to property in the July 22 incident.
Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Kim Myers said Dargin twice stopped and got out of her car before jumping back in and fleeing when the deputy approached.
Myers said the pursuit ended when Dargin struck a patrol unit and then headed toward a deputy, who was outside his unit. As she continued to proceed toward the deputy, Myers said, the officer fired one shot, hitting her in the face.
Police: Armed robber at large since Oct. 24
OPELOUSAS — An armed robber who stole cash from a grocery store during closing time Oct. 24 was still at large Friday.
The man — wearing a dark hoodie, a mask and gloves — shot his way through a glass door around 9:59 p.m. that Friday and forced the manager to give him the contents of the store’s safe, said Sgt. Clay Higgins, St. Landry Parish Sheriff’s Office spokesman.
The thief ran off with “a large sum of cash,” Higgins said.
Detectives are comparing evidence with other agencies investigating similar unsolved burglaries and armed robberies, Sheriff Bobby Guidroz said.
Arrests posted Oct. 31, 2014, on the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office website:
- ELI J. ALEXANDER: 34, of the 500 block of North Washington Street, Lafayette. He was booked on distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule II narcotics.
- CHRISTOPHER PAUL BELLARD: 32, homeless, Lafayette. He was booked on forgery and three counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- LAURA MARIE BROUSSARD: 32, of the 4100 block of Landry, Lafayette. She was booked on for St. Martin Parish.
- JOHN EDWARD BROUSSARD: 35, of the 200 block of Oak Crest Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on warrant/bench warrant.
- FREDERICA N. BROWN: 31, of the 200 block of Strasbourg Drive, Lafayette. She was booked on child desertion.
- SONNIA FAYE CAMACHO: 53, of the 14000 block of Elm Street, Perry. She was booked on attempted theft.
- LESEAN CONYERS: 24, of the 300 block of St. Charles Street, Lafayette. He was booked on second-degree battery.
- GEORGETTE CUVILLIER: 32, of the 2900 block of 2nd Street, Berwick. She was booked on hold for the Department of Corrections.
- RININSKI EDWARDS: 23, of the 200 block of High School Drive, Ville Platte. He was booked on three counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- GWENDOLYN JESSICA ELLENDER: 34, of the 200 block of Jeffrey Drive, Lafayette. She was booked on fugitive.
- GLENN FAULK: 28, of the 200 block of Friendship Street, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated and failure to obey traffic control.
- HARRY JOSEPH FOREMAN: 33, of the 100 block of Savoy Road, Cankton. He was booked on a warrant/bench warrant.
- DERAPHECUS FREDERICK: 36, of the 600 block of Sunset Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on resisting an officer.
- GEORGE JEFFF GREEN: 46, of the 2400 block of Enterprise Road, Alexandria. He was booked on two counts of probation violation.
- JAMES EDWARD HANSEN: 47, of the 300 block of Roby, Abbeville. He was booked on warrant/bench warrant and disturbing the peace.
- RYAN JACOB LAGNEAUX: 32, of the 100 block of Kentwood Drive, Carencro. He was booked on two counts of felony simple criminal damage to property and two counts of simple burglary.
- ERICK BERNARD LAGRANGE: 45, of the 900 block of Cecile Boulevard, Breaux Bridge. He was booked on fugitive.
- JESSE S. LEMOINE: 25, of the 100 block of Eugenie Drive, Duson. He was booked on providing a false address as a sex offender and failing to report an address change as a sex offender.
- BRANDYN MAURER: 24, of the 100 block of Nyoka Circle, Lafayette. He was booked for St. Helena Parish and for Tangipohoa Parish.
- QUINLAN MOORE: 24, of the 1100 block of West 10th Street, Crowley. He was booked on hold for court.
- KHALI MOTEN: 20, of the 100 block of Rue Mirbeau, Lafayette. He was booked on soliciting for prostitution.
- AUSTIN NUCCIO: 30, Galveston, Texas. He was booked on soliciting for prostitution.
- KEVIN ANTHONY PERROT: 51, of the 100 block of Clara Street, Lafayette. He was booked on aggravated assault and disturbing the peace.
- DION ISAIAH ROBINSON: 19, of the 100 block of Laplaelaz Avenue, Carencro. He was booked on distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule II narcotics; prohibited activities (drug paraphernalia); transactions involving proceeds from drug offenses; and unlawful for any person to knowingly produce or poessess with intent to produce or distribute Schedule IV substances.
- KEVIN SMITH: 43, of the 9200 block of South Sam Houston Parkway, Houston, Texas. He was booked on soliciting for prostitution.
- TERRY DALE JR. TAYLOR JR.: 23, of the 900 block of East Branche Street, Rayne. He was booked on providing false information on sex offender registration.
- MORRIS DALE VALLIER: 22, of the 100 block of Windward Street, Lafayette. He was booked on contributing to the delinquency of juveniles and simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling.
- KHRISTOPHER MICHAEL WATKINS: 20, of the 700 block of Acadian Drive, Jennings. He was booked on hold for court.
- BRITTANY LASHAE WOODS: 24, of the 800 block of St. Anne Street, Carencro. She was booked on warrant/bench warrant.