MARKSVILLE — Authorities are searching for the husband of a Marksville woman found stabbed to death in the couple’s home Sunday night.
Dennis Williams, 48, is wanted on second-degree murder in the death of 46-year-old Laura J. Williams, according to the Avoyelles Parish Sheriff’s Office.
The two shared a home in the 400 block of Starlight Baptist Church Road, where Williams’ body was found about 7:30 p.m. Sunday, the Sheriff’s Office said in a news release.
Police said Dennis Williams is a black man standing 6 feet 1 inch and weighing about 220 pounds. He was last seen wearing a blue, button-down shirt and jeans. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call local police or the Avoyelles Parish Sheriff’s Office at (318) 253-4000.
Driver of Kia survives impact with train
NEW IBERIA — A driver of a 2013 Kia survived a collision with an approaching train Monday evening with only minor injuries.
The collision was at the intersection of Hopkins and Washington streets, according to a news release from the Iberia Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Reports indicate the driver of the Kia failed to heed the warnings of an approaching train and was struck, the release says.
No other occupants were in the vehicle, the Sheriff’s Office said.
Woman shot, left for dead in abduction
OPELOUSAS — The St. Landry Parish Sheriff’s Office is investigating a Thanksgiving morning shooting in which a woman said she was left for dead after her two assailants abducted and shot her outside Opelousas city limits.
A passing driver found the injured 49-year-old woman around 9 a.m. Thursday and brought her to the hospital, spokesman Sgt. Clay Higgins said Monday.
The victim told police two men offered her a ride about 8 a.m. as she walked from her Laurent Street home to the RaceTrac convenience store near Interstate 49 and U.S. 190, Higgins said. Once she was inside the car, one of the men hit her in the face with a handgun, Higgins said. They took her to a secluded area and tried to take off her clothes, then shot her once and drove off.
The woman played dead until she heard the car speed away, Higgins said.
Investigators obtained a description of the car and the two men but are not releasing any more information as the investigation continues, Higgins said.
Scott police book man on video voyeurism
SCOTT — A man was booked Friday on a felony count of video voyeurism after admitting to posting nude photos of his ex-girlfriend online, Scott police said Monday.
Sean Gary, 24, of the 1300 block of East Butcher Switch Road, Lafayette, admitted taking the photos without the woman’s permission and posting them on MyEx.com, according to Gary’s arrest documents. He also posted an accompanying story about his relationship with the woman, police said.
The website brands itself as a “revenge” pornography site showcasing user-submitted content.
The woman made the complaint Nov. 25, claiming Gary took the photos of her while she was sleeping, police said.
If convicted, Gary will have to register as a sex offender and will face a fine of up to $2,000 and up to two years in prison.
Arrests posted Dec. 1, on the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office website:
- RONALD J. BATISTE: 52, of the 300 block of Gov. Mouton Street, St. Martinville. He was booked on obscenity.
- RICKY STEPHEN BRIGGS: 33, of the 100 block of Wadsworth Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated and careless operation.
- DANTE BUTLER: 20, of the 100 block of Homas Road, Lafayette. He was booked on carjacking.
- SHANESCE MARIA CARTER: 32, of the 700 block of Maude Street, Scott. She was booked on felony theft of goods and felony theft.
- SHANIESE CHARLES: 17, of the 1100 block of 11th Street, Lafayette. She was booked on two counts of fugitive and simple criminal damage to property.
- RANDY GUILBERT COMEAUX: 43, of the 500 block of Jenkins Street, Scott. He was booked on first-degree robbery.
- JOSEPH G. DAIGLE: 52, of the 3900 block of Higginbotham Highway, Church Point. He was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated and careless operation.
- ERICK DOMANGUE: 19, of the 100 block of Rice Circle, Scott. He was booked on carrying a weapon while committing or attempting to commit a crime or while in possession or during sale or distribution of a controlled substance; illegal possession of stolen firearms; and possession of Schedule I drugs without a prescription.
- GABRIEL ADAM FRAZIER: 28, of the 8700 block of River Road, Abbeville. He was booked on simple burglary.
- BOBBY JACK HOLT: 54, of Seventh Street, Lafayette. He was booked on entry on or remaining in places or on land after being forbidden.
- CHERRY HUDSON: 30, of the 200 block of Sundown Drive, Broussard. She was booked on misdemeanor domestic abuse battery.
- ASHLY NICOLE JOLIE: 33, of the 100 block of Crenshaw Drive, Lafayette. She was booked on disturbing the peace.
- MARKEISHA MONIE PADDIO: 22, of the 1600 block of Martin Luther King Drive, Abbeville. She was booked on shoplifting and three counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- BRITNEY NICOLE STUTES: 23, of the 100 block of Anastasia Drive, Lafayette. She was booked on first-degree robbery.
- DEVIN BLAKE SUIRE: 20, of the 300 block of Lantier Road, Carencro. He was booked on misdemeanor domestic abuse battery.