SCOTT — An unattended stove started a kitchen fire in an apartment building near Lafayette Saturday morning that caused moderate damage but no injuries, authorities said.
The fire broke out in an upstairs apartment of the Ille De Cannes Apartment Complex, 102 Sweetbriar St.
Firefighters were able to quickly put out the fire, which was limited to the kitchen of the apartment, Scott Fire Chief Chad Sonnier said.
The apartment sustained minimal smoke damage, but the kitchen had moderate damage, he said in a news release.
The resident left the stove unattended while cooking and was unharmed in the incident, according to the release.