Man surrenders in kidnapping, invasion
BAYOU VISTA — A St. Mary Parish man surrendered to police Tuesday after he allegedly forced his way into a Bayou Vista home, where deputies say he robbed and battered a woman then kidnapped his 4-year-old son Saturday.
Benjamin Landry, 32, was booked into the St. Mary Parish Jail on home invasion, simple battery, simple kidnapping, simple criminal damage to property, violation of a protective order and simple burglary of an inhabited dwelling, said Traci Landry, a spokeswoman with the St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Investigators found the child unharmed in Pierre Part, Landry said.
Call prompts shelter in place at school
L. Leo Judice Elementary School students were limited in their outdoor activity Wednesday after a “somewhat threatening phone call” was made to the school, Lafayette Parish School System officials told KATC-TV.
The officials declined to release details of the phone call because it referenced a student at the school by name, but the principal said instruction was never interrupted and all students were able to leave the school safely at the end of the school day.
Parents received an email at the end of the school day Wednesday notifying them that their children were under a “shelter in place” order.
Arrests posted Nov. 5, 2014, on the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office website:
- JOSEPH AUGUILLIARD: 62, of the 1000 block of Chevalier Road, Arnaudville. He was booked for St. Martin Parish.
- RONALD BOUTTE: 50, of the 200 block of Deballion Street, Lafayette. He was booked on municipal purposes and two counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- DONTRIEL CEASAR: 21, of the 200 block of Hacker Street, New Iberia. He was booked on misdemeanor theft and two counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- LADONTRAY TROY CHAISSON: 20, of the 200 block of Crestview Circle, Lafayette. He was booked on attempted second-degree murder.
- DESAMON GEORGE: 39, of the 100 block of Nottingham Circle, Lafayette. He was booked on fugitive and two counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- JARON HOFFPAUIR: 18, of the 400 block of South Lamar Street, Abbeville. He was booked on misdemeanor theft of goods.
- CHARLES HOLIFIELD: 42, of the 100 block of Eugenie Drive, Duson. He was booked on misdemeanor domestic abuse battery.
- NICHOLAS KYLE JOHNSON: 28, of the 400 block of Lyman Avenue, Rayne. He was booked on four counts for Acadia Parish.
- CALEB LASALLE: 17, of the 15000 block of Bea’s Drive, Kaplan. He was booked on misdemeanor theft of goods.
- DAVONTRA LEWIS: 21, of the 100 block of Dorchester Street, Lafayette. He was booked on fugitive.
- CORY TATUM MCCURTAIN: 37, of the 2900 block of West Willow Street, Scott. He was booked on flight from an officer and distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule IV narcotics.
- TOBY MOORE: 37, of Colt Lane, Rayne. He was booked on felony violation of protective orders.
- MICHAEL SHAYNE NICK: 38, of the 500 block of Macon Road, Lafayette. He was booked on 12 counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- JAMIE CHRISTINE PARKER: 28, of the 5500 block of Wyman Road, Scott. She was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated and improper lane change (no accident).
- PRECIOUS S. PLACIDE: 24, of the 600 block of Mississippi Street, New Iberia. She was booked on resisting an officer and criminal mischief.
- JAMES PORTALIS: 45, of the 100 block of Texas Street, Lafayette. He was booked on two counts of simple burglary.
- JONIQUE S. WILLIAMS: 30, of the 500 block of Thompson Loop, Lafayette. She was booked on criminal mischief; failure to secure a driver’s license; resisting an officer; and a warrant/bench warrant.
- BRANDON J. WILTZ: 24, of the 900 block of Begnaud Street, Breaux Bridge. He was booked on two counts for St. Martin Parish and five counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- HARVEY TARONE WRIGHT: 40, of the 3700 block of 6th Street, Alexandria. He was booked on fugitive.