A chimney fire caused minor smoke and fire damage to a Carencro home Saturday morning but no injuries, according to Scott Fire Department spokesman Chad Sonnier.

Firefighters saw smoke coming from the roof of the home in the 100 block of Wagon Trail Road when they arrived around 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Sonnier said. Once inside the home, they saw smoke in the attic and discovered a fire in the chimney. There had been a fire in the fireplace on Friday night. 

The fire was quickly extinguished and the homeowner was able to get out safely, Sonnier said. The home sustained minimal smoke and fire damage.

Compiled from staff reports. To contact a crime reporter at The Advocate, email policereporters@theadvocate.com or call (225) 388-0369.