CHARENTON — A woman was found alive with burn injuries Thursday afternoon as authorities were investigating a vehicle fire along the Charenton levee.
The St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office began investigating the fire at 2:17 p.m., spokeswoman Traci Landry said. The woman was later found some distance from the fire, although when and how far away is unclear, Landry said.
The woman is in stable condition at an area hospital and is speaking with investigators, Landry said. Her identity has not been released.
Lafayette police also are involved in the investigation, spokesman Cpl. Paul Mouton said.
No further details surrounding the incident’s circumstances were available Friday afternoon.
Man dies after falling off tractor trailer
NEW IBERIA — A 53-year-old man fell off a tractor trailer and died Friday morning in the 5800 block of Larson Road, KATC-TV reported.
The man reportedly fell off the trailer around 10 a.m. as it crossed a railroad track, Iberia Parish sheriff’s deputies said. The trailer struck the man and he died on the scene.
Toxicology reports are pending for the victim and the 68-year-old man who was driving, deputies said.
The victim’s identify is being withheld until his next-of-kin is notified.
Morgan City woman dies in collision
BAYOU L’OURSE — A Morgan City woman died in a two-vehicle collision Friday morning on La. 662 in Assumption Parish, State Police said.
Tasha Massoletti, 22, was seat belted and driving a pickup truck when she overcorrected into oncoming traffic and collided head-on with a semi-truck, police said. Massoletti was pronounced dead at the scene.
Carlos Gonzales, 43, of Welsh, who was driving the truck, submitted to a Breathalyzer test and was cleared as sober, police said. Whether Massoletti was impaired is unknown pending a toxicology report.
Jennings man dies in single-vehicle crash
JENNINGS — A Jennings man died in a single-vehicle crash Friday morning on La. 201, State Police said.
Calvin James Legros Jr., 27, lost control of his pickup truck about 6:45 a.m. and struck a concrete culvert, police said. The truck flipped and landed on its roof beside the roadway about 2 miles south of Jennings.
Legros was not wearing a seat belt, police said. A toxicology sample is pending.
Arrests posted Nov. 28, 2014, on the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office website:
- TARA BECNEL: 40, of the 200 block of East Peck Boulevard, Lafayette. She was booked on entry on or remaining in places or on land after being forbidden and resisting an officer.
- DANRICKA NICOLE BROUSSARD: 32, of the 200 block of Walker Road, Lafayette. She was booked on a warrant/bench warrant.
- PAUL LESTER CARMOUCHE: 38, of the 100 block of Van Buren Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on two counts of fugitive; misdemeanor domestic abuse battery; probation violation; and two counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- TONY TAURUS CELESTINE: 26, of the 100 block of Rue Royale, Lafayette. He was booked on disturbing the peace.
- DIANA BETH DUPRE: 65, of the 800 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Lafayette. She was booked on felony theft of goods.
- THEODORE JOSEPH EDWARDS: 31, of the 100 block of Odile Street, Lafayette. He was booked for Iberia Parish as a fugitive.
- GREGORY CURTIS HARRISON: 44, of the 100 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on failure to use a turn signal; having open glass containers; misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated; operating a vehicle with a suspended or canceled license; and temporary registration plate violation.
- DIONNE A. KIDDER: 45, of the 600 block of Beacon Drive, Youngsville. She was booked on three counts of aggravated assault.
- JARVIS JAMONT LIVINGSTON: 30, of the 7400 block of Chastant Road, New Iberia. He was booked on three counts of hold for St. Landry; resisting an officer; and simple criminal damage to property.
- JOSE LLANITO: 25, of the 100 block of Manning Road, Logansport. He was booked on contraband; distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule IV narcotics; disturbing the peace; and entry on or remaining in places or on land after being forbidden.
- ANDRE MONTREL NABERS: 19, of the 600 block of Surrey Street, Lafayette. He was booked on resisting an officer and two counts of simple burglary.
- GERALD JAMES PORTER: 53, of the 100 block of Dutch Circle, Lafayette. He was booked on a commercial vehicle registration violation; distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule II narcotics; motor vehicle head lamp violation; and security required.
- HECTOR UZCATEGUI: 35, of the 400 block of Woodvale, Lafayette. He was booked on failure to yield while making a left turn; misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated; operating a vehicle with a suspended license; and warrant/bench warrant.
- WILLIAM TERRY VANVOLKENBURG: 26, of the 100 block of Indian Mound, Lafayette. He was booked on warrant/bench warrant.
- JACKIE RUFUS WIGGINS: 48, of the 300 block of Auburn Street, Carencro. He was booked on disturbing the peace and public intimidation and retaliation.
- GREGORY CHARLES WIGGINS: 51, of the 300 block of Auburn Street, Carencro. He was booked on a warrant/bench warrant.