DUSON — The Lafayette Fire Department has released video footage of an unidentified man accused of setting fire to a convenience store adjacent to the Pontalba Place apartment complex.
The arsonist on June 24 is captured on surveillance video setting fire to the One Stop Discount Mart on Marigny Circle, according to Lafayette Fire Department spokesman Alton Trahan.
The man in the video barely escaped the fire’s ignition and “may have experienced minor burns,” Trahan said.
Although firefighters extinguished the fire within 15 minutes, the building sustained minor fire, smoke and water damage to both its interior and exterior, Trahan said.
Anyone with information on the fire or the arsonist is asked to contact the Lafayette Fire Department at (337) 291-8716 or the anonymous Crime Stoppers tip line at (337) 232-8477.
Breaux Bridge teen killed while riding bicycle
A Breaux Bridge teenager was struck and killed Tuesday around 7:20 p.m. while riding a bicycle in St. Martin Parish, the Sheriff’s Office reported.
Trey Goodrich, 17, was riding east on Clifton Angelle Road and attempted to turn right on Doyle Melancon Road when he collided with the side of a northbound vehicle on Doyle Melancon Road, St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Maj. Ginny Higgins said in a news release.
Goodrich was thrown from the bicycle and was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead, Higgins said.
The crash is still under investigation. No charges have been filed.
Arrests posted July 7, 2015, on the Lafayette Parish sheriff’s website:
- CHRISTOPHER JOSEPH ALEXANDER: 38, of the 100 block of Arizona Street, Lafayette. He was booked on simple criminal damage to property.
- ROBERT J. ALFRED: 21, of the 100 block of Paradise Street, Lafayette. He was booked on flight from an officer; aggravated flight from an officer; misdemeanor illegal carrying of weapons; simple criminal damage to property; and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
- LINTON JAMES BATISTE: 23, of the 1100 block of Moss Street, Lafayette. He was booked on parole violation.
- RYAN BOUDOIN: 30, of the 400 block of Staten Avenue, Oakland, California. He was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated and speeding 11 to 15 miles over.
- RUEBEN BROUSSARD: 25, of the 900 block of East Whitney Street, Morse. He was booked on hold for court.
- KYLE CAMPBELL: 24, of the 600 block of 12th Street, Lafayette. He was booked on a warrant/bench warrant.
- ROBLEY CHRISTIAN: 58, of the 100 block of Hebert Road, Lafayette. He was booked on four counts of fugitive.
- PHILLIP DARBY: 24, of the 500 block of La. 356, Church Point. He was booked on improper lane change.
- CHAD EVERET DUHON: 37, of the 1000 block of 14th Street, Lafayette. He was booked on aggravated assault; resisting an officer; and simple battery.
- FRED SULLIVAN DYSON: 33, of the 100 block of Rue Coupe Civique, Carencro. He was booked on misdemeanor domestic abuse battery and aggravated battery.
- ANDREW HEXIMER: 25, of the 700 block of South College Road, Lafayette. He was booked on improper lane change (no accident); misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated; and stopping, standing or parking prohibited in specified places.
- CATINA RACHEAL ISTRE: 42, of the 700 block of Picard Road, Lafayette. She was booked on warrant/bench warrant.
- KENNEY JOHNSON: 52, homeless, Lafayette. He was booked on simple burglary.
- EDWIN KINTA JOHNSON: 36, of the 500 block of Lafayette Street, Lafayette. He was booked on two counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- GREGORY LEMELLE: 59, of Sunset. He was booked on hold for St. Landry Parish.
- LEROY JOSEPH LOUVIERE JR.: 40, of the 100 block of Mes Amis Road, Carencro. He was booked on probation violation.
- FRANK A. MABRY: 50, of the 1700 block of New Horizon Drive, New Iberia. He was booked on two counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- JACOB LEE OLEA: 21, homeless, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor possession of marijuana and prohibited activities (drug paraphernalia).
- JAMASON EMOND PROVOST: 36, of the 1300 block of Cotton Street, New Iberia. He was booked on possession with intent to distribute Schedule I narcotics and transactions involving proceeds from drug offenses.
- ASHLEY TORRES-CEDENO: 24, of the 1200 block of Oil Center Drive, New Iberia. She was booked on felony theft.
- MERLIN JOSEPH TYLER: 54, of the 2800 block of Louisiana Avenue, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
- JAMES WATSON: 39, homeless, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor theft of goods.
- CLARENCE WILLIAMS: 41, of the 200 block of Loul Street, Broussard. He was booked on communicating false information of planned arson and arson and use of explosives.
- HOWARD JOSEPH WILLIS: 25, of the 100 block of Townhomes Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on aggravated assault and possession of firearm or carrying concealed weapon by a person convicted of felonies.