Teen accused of throwing bricks through window
Iberia Parish sheriff’s deputies are searching for a 19-year-old man accused in the injury of a 3-month-old baby who was struck with a brick Saturday afternoon.
Sheriff Louis Ackal said Deion Johnson, 19, threw several bricks through the windows of his sister’s house in the 500 block of Ann Street shortly after 1:35 p.m. Saturday. One of the bricks struck a baby as the infant was being held in Johnson’s sister’s arms.
Johnson’s sister told deputies her brother went to their grandmother’s house in the 800 block of Ivan Street and threw bricks through her windows, Ackal said.
Maj. Ryan Turner, of the sheriff’s office, said the child suffered minor injuries.
Anyone with information on Johnson’s location may contact the Sheriff’s Office at (337) 369-3711.
Brothers accused of attacking man twice
Iberia Parish sheriff’s deputies arrested two brothers early Saturday in two attacks of a 49-year-old man, including once with a bottle.
The victim said Shane Davidson, 26, and his brother, Chad Davidson, 29, came to his home in the 400 block of Bob Street shortly before 6 a.m. and attacked him, Sheriff Louis Ackal said Sunday. The brothers left but returned a short time later and hit the victim again, this time hitting him over the head with a bottle.
The victim needed stitches for a cut on his forehead, Ackal said.
Deputies arrested the brothers a short time after the attack and booked them into Iberia Parish Jail on counts of aggravated battery, Ackal said.
Arrests posted Oct. 12, 2014, on the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s office website:
- MICHAEL AREND: 33, 100 block of Clearview Drive, Broussard. He was booked on illegal carrying and discharge of weapons and disturbing the peace.
- ALEXANDRA BAKER: 24, Pirates Alley, Lafayette. She was booked on distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule IV narcotics.
- SARAH REBEKAH BARTON: 29, 800 block of Kilchrist D Street, Carencro. She was booked on two counts of fugitive.
- KATIE CLEMENTS: 23, 400 block of Windsong, Youngsville. She was booked on misdemeanor possession of marijuana; prohibited activities (drug paraphernalia); and tail-light violation.
- ANDREW DAVID: 24, 100 block of Spanish Moss Lane, Broussard. He was booked on interfering with a law enforcement investigation and resisting an officer.
- SHELBIE ANGEL FUNDERBURK: 19, 100 block of Third Street, Youngsville. She was booked on misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
- MIGUEL ANGEL-MENDOSA GONZALEZ: 54, 100 block of B Roy Street, Scott. He was booked on possession with intent to distribute a Schedule II controlled dangerous substance.
- MORGAN P. MIGUEZ: 21, 100 block of McDonald Street, Lafayette. She was booked on warrant/bench warrant and for Iberia Parish.
- ELMER ISMAEL MORADEL PADILLA: 26, 2900 block of West Willow Street, Scott. He was booked on two counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- PATRICK JAMES RIDEAUX JR.: 39, 200 block of Hazel Street, Lafayette. He was booked on fugitive; misdemeanor theft of goods; resisting an officer; shoplifting; and warrant/bench warrant.
- SOPHIA MARIE SAUSSY: 19, 100 block of Rose Lane, Lafayette. She was booked on two counts of failure to use turn signal and misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
- CLAYTON SAVOY JR.: 44, 300 block of Amesberry, Lafayette. He was booked on disturbing the peace; entry on or remaining in places or on land after being forbidden; misdemeanor domestic abuse battery; and resisting an officer.
- JEREMAIT LUCK SILVER: 38, 300 block of West Victory Drive, Savannah, Georgia. He was booked on unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling.
- JASPER NAOMI UTSEY: 21, 200 block of 1/2 Randolph Drive, Lafayette. She was booked on warrant/bench warrant.
- LESLIE CAROL WATKINS: 34, 900 block of Credeur Road, Carencro. She was booked on distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule II narcotics; having no safety belt; obstruction of justice; operating a vehicle with a suspended license; and three counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- TY ZAMMIT: 37, 800 block of Ridge Road, Duson. He was booked on careless operation and misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated.