Louisiana State Police said Sunday a 17-year-old St. Mary Parish girl who is believed to be in imminent danger is missing and asked for the public’s help in finding her.
Vernija Loston, of Franklin, was last seen on Main Street early Sunday morning, said Master Trooper Brooks David, a State Police spokesman.
David said Loston had been the victim of an assault and State Police feared she was in danger.
Loston, who is just shy of five feet tall, was last seen wearing a light green short-sleeved T-shirt, blue jeans and dark-colored shoes decorated with flowers, David said.
Anyone with information about her disappearance or whereabouts is asked to contact the Franklin Police Department at (337) 828-1716 or Sgt. Stacey Pearson of the Louisiana State Police/Louisiana Clearinghouse for Missing & Exploited Children at (337) 962-2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Iberia man dies in motorcycle wreck
A New Iberia man died after his motorcycle crashed into the back of a sedan on La. 182 in St. Martin Parish Saturday evening, State Police said.
Robert Jackson, 49, was driving a Harley Davidson motorcycle east on La. 182 near La. 92 when he crashed into the back of a 1999 Oldsmobile Delta 88 and was thrown from the motorcycle, said Trooper 1st Class Bryan Lee, a State Police spokesman.
The driver of the Oldsmobile, 24-year-old Allyson O’Brien, had stopped to make a left turn into a driveway, Lee said.
Jackson was taken to Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center in Lafayette where he was pronounced dead, Lee said.
Arrests posted Feb. 28, 2016, on the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office website:
- CLAIRE ABSHIRE: 40, of the 100 block of Tally Ho Drive, Lafayette. She was booked on child desertion; disturbing the peace; and simple battery.
- COREY JAMES BATISTE: 35, of the 4000 block of Ambassador Caffery Parkway, Lafayette. He was booked as a fugitive.
- AMANDA L. BORNE: 30, of the 100 block of Country Lane, Lafayette. She was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
- BREANA MONIQUE BROWN: 21, of the 100 block of Carl Drive, Opelousas. She was booked on a warrant/bench warrant.
- LANCE ALBERT BROWN: 23, of the 200 block of Becky Lane, Lafayette. He was booked on aggravated assault with a firearm; home invasion; illegal carrying and discharge of weapons; misdemeanor domestic abuse battery; misdemeanor theft; resisting an officer; two counts of simple burglary; and simple criminal damage to property.
- DESEAN I. BRUCE: 19, of the 500 block of Dale Street, New Orleans. He was booked on possession of marijuana; prohibited activities (drug paraphernalia); and underage driving under the influence.
- THADDIOUS CARMOUCHE: 40, of the 100 block of La Rue Blanc, Scott. He was booked on failure to register and notify as a sex offender or child predator in possession of fraudulent or counterfeit documents.
- COREY JOSEPH GUIDRY: 34, of the 19089 block of La Trace Road, French Settlement. He was booked on prohibited activities (drug paraphernalia); resisting an officer; and simple burglary.
- GARY LEE HAMILTON: 63, of the 500 block of Breton Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on a warrant/bench warrant.
- LYNDSEY L. HAYNIE: 38, of the 100 block of Louisa Boulevard, Lafayette. He was booked on hold for extradition.
- ETHAN JOHN HEBERT: 22, of the 100 block of Crestmont Boulevard, Youngsville. He was booked on Schedule III narcotics.
- WILLIAM FLOYD JENKINS: 29, of the 100 block of Van Buren Street, Lafayette. He was booked on aggravated battery.
- BREIFNE LAMB: 47, of the 1100 block of West Wekiwa Road, Sand Springs, Oklahoma. He was booked on disturbing the peace and resisting an officer.
- LONNY CHRISTOPHER LEDET: 52, of the 800 block of Harrell Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on three counts of Schedule II narcotics; misdemeanor Schedule I narcotics; and prohibited activities (drug paraphernalia).
- SKYLAR ELIZABETH LEGER: 19, of the 1000 block of Langlinais Road, Youngsville. She was booked on disturbing the peace.
- PATRICK WAYNE PATTERSON: 43, of the 1800 block of Evangeline Thruway, Lafayette. He was booked on simple criminal damage to property.
- DARWIN SARAVIA-GUTIERREZ: 23, homeless, Duson. He was booked on misdemeanor hit-and-run driving.
- BRIAN TROY SCOTT: 44, of the 100 block of Peak Valleys Street, Youngsville. He was booked on careless operation; felony operating a vehicle while intoxicated; and no proof of insurance in vehicle.
- CLEVELAND SEREAL: 64, of the 3800 block of North University Street, Carencro. He was booked on three counts for Rapides Parish.
- CALEB STEPHENS: 34, of the 200 block of Hebert Street, Erath. He was booked on four counts for Iberia Parish.
- MICHAEL VICE: 22, of the 100 block of Amite Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on a warrant/bench warrant and for having no safety belt.