A blackjack dealer at the Golden Nugget casino in Lake Charles was arrested Saturday and accused of stealing a thousand dollars in casino chips, State Police said.
The Louisiana State Police Gaming Enforcement Division was tipped off Friday by security at L’Auberge Casino Resort, also in Lake Charles, that a Golden Nugget employee had exchanged Golden Nugget chips for L’Auberge casino chips, said Sgt. James Anderson, a State Police spokesman.
The next day, security agents at the Golden Nugget watched as 52-year-old Cindy Thompson, a blackjack dealer, slipped chips into her apron multiple times during her shift, Anderson said.
Security officers detained Thompson and turned her over to troopers, Anderson said. While being questioned by State Police, Thompson admitted to taking the chips and showed investigators where she hid them, according to Anderson.
She was booked into Calcasieu Parish jail on felony theft. Bail was set at $5,000.
Dallas man arrested in rape at racetrack
A Dallas man was arrested Saturday in the rape of a woman inside a horse barn at a Vinton racetrack and casino.
Canelario Mora-Alvarado, 32, of Dallas, last week forced his way into a woman’s room inside one of the barns located on the back side of the horse track at the Delta Downs racetrack and raped her before leaving when another person began knocking on the door, State Police spokesman Sgt. James Anderson said.
A witness saw Mora-Alvarado enter the room and then heard the woman screaming, Anderson said.
Later that week, Mora-Alvarado approached the victim again, grabbed her and placed his hand between her legs, Anderson said.
While being questioned by State Police investigators, Mora-Alvarado admitted to having sex with the woman, Anderson said.
He was arrested and booked into Calcasieu Parish jail on one count each of first-degree rape, unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling and sexual battery. Bail was set at $250,000.
Arrests posted Nov. 22 on the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office website:
- LAVANTRIA ANTHONY: 25, of the 1100 block of Moss Street, Lafayette. She was booked on disturbing the peace.
- MICHAEL JAMES BATISTE: 55, homeless, Lafayette. He was booked on contraband; felony Schedule I narcotics; and simple battery.
- SCOTT L. CALLEGARI: 38, of the 300 block of Feu Follet Road, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated and misdemeanor hit-and-run driving.
- DANIEL JAMES CASTILLE: 41, of the 300 block of Dirset Avenue, Lafayette. He was booked on obstruction of justice and resisting an officer.
- JOHNATHAN DAVIS: 36, of the 6900 block of Gilliot Street, Clinton. He was booked on Schedule III narcotics; possession of marijuana; and prohibited activities (drug paraphernalia).
- DONALD RAY GUIDRY: 28, of the 100 block of VFW Road, Duson. He was booked on misdemeanor theft of goods.
- TAMRA C. KIMBRELL: 48, of the 1919A block of Country Village Boulevard, Humble, Texas. She was booked on felony theft of a motor vehicle.
- AARON R. LANDRY: 18, of the 6200 block of Mockingbird Lane, New Iberia. He was booked on disturbing the peace.
- CHASIDY LEGER: 25, of the 200 block of Foxworth Drive, Lafayette. She was booked on four counts of being a fugitive; three counts of municipal purposes; and on two warrants/bench warrants.
- CARL JUNIOR MALBREAUX: 28, of the 200 block of West Point Circle, Lafayette. He was booked on contraband; disobeying a stop sign; improper lane change (no accident); obstruction of justice; and possession of marijuana.
- ARSENIO DEBU MITCHELL: 32, of the 600 block of Lafayette Street, Lafayette. He was booked on resisting an officer and obstruction of justice.
- JERMAINE MEQUEL MOUTON JR.: 21, of the 800 block of Second Street, Duson. He was booked on resisting an officer.
- SYDNEY QUIBODEAUX: 17, of the 200 block of Scallowford Drive, Lafayette. She was booked on disturbing the peace.
- SPENCER RIVET: 24, of the 100 block of Platou Road, Lafayette. He was booked on public urination.
- ALEXIS ST. JULIEN: 17, of the 200 block of Rials Drive, Lafayette. She was booked on simple criminal damage to property and misdemeanor domestic abuse battery.
- JAYSON DEAN SUMMERS: 32, of the 200 block of Bellevue Plantation Street, Lafayette. He was booked on expired driver’s license; flight from an officer; misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated; speeding 26 to 30; and switched license plate.
- BRITTANY R. SYLVESTER: 25, of the 400 block of Skipper Street, Breaux Bridge. She was booked for St. Martin Parish.
- JACQUELINE DEMTRIAN VICTOR: 51, of the 300 block of Tissington Street, Lafayette. She was booked on disturbing the peace.
- WILLIAM JOSEPH WILSON: 32, of the 200 block of Mineral, Broussard. He was booked on simple battery.