LAFAYETTE — A Johnston Street branch of IberiaBank was robbed Friday morning by a man wearing a long black wig, a white blouse and a long floral shirt, officials said.
Officers with the Lafayette Police Department were alerted to the robbery about 9 a.m. in the 1000 block of Johnston, Cpl. Nicole Benoit said.
Witnesses said a black man in women’s wear walked into the bank and handed a teller a note demanding cash, Benoit said in a news release.
The robber fled with an uncounted amount of cash. There were no injuries.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Lafayette Police Department or Crime Stoppers at (337) 232-TIPS.
Home invaders injure pregnant woman
CHARENTON — Two men wearing masks attacked a pregnant woman as she returned to her Charenton home Friday morning, officials said.
The victim, whose name was not released, was kicked and punched, St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Traci Landry said.
She is listed in stable condition at Franklin Foundation Hospital on Friday afternoon, Landry said in a news release.
Deputies responded at 11:25 a.m. to a report of an attack inside a home in the 700 block of La. 87. The woman described her attackers as black men of average height, one with a husky build, the other thin, Landry said.
The victim told police she was able to escape and call for help from a neighbor’s home.
Anyone with information is asked to call local police or the Sheriff’s Office at (337) 828-1960 or (985) 384-1622.
Three arrested in St. Mary Parish drug bust
BAYOU VISTA — St. Mary Parish sheriff’s detectives stopped a car on U.S. 90 and inside found bags of methamphetamine and LSD along with syringes, spoons and a tourniquet used in injecting drugs, officials said.
Brady Broussard, 38; Stacey Grubb, 33; and Scott Dehart, 33, were booked into the St. Mary Parish Law Enforcement Center in Centerville on Thursday night, said Traci Landry, spokeswoman for Sheriff Mark Hebert.
Dehart, a resident of Bayou Vista, also was booked on one count of having a firearm in the presence of illegal drugs.
The driver of the car, Broussard, of Morgan City, was cited for a traffic violation and was driving with a suspended license. Detectives searched the vehicle and located a bag of methamphetamine, Klonopin, Taradal, and Trilafon pills as well as several items of drug paraphernalia, Landry said in a news release.
The investigation led to a house on Venus Street in Bayou Vista, where detectives found Grubb and Dehart, and more illegal drugs and cash, Landry said.
“Detectives carried out a search warrant at the location and discovered several bags of methamphetamine with a street value of approximately $14,000, a bag of LSD, a handgun, and several items of drug paraphernalia: spoons, plastic bags, syringes and digital scales,” she said.
Detectives searching the home also found the handgun, $1,121 in cash and a 4-year-old boy. Landry did not specify if the child was related to any of the suspects. He was later taken to the home of a family member, Landry said.
Arrests posted July 25, 2014, on the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office website:
- PAUL JONES ANTOINE: 28, of the 400 block of Avondale Garden Road, Westwego. He was booked on failure to secure a driver’s license; fugitive; and no seat belt.
- PATRICE COBB: 21, of the 100 block of Mimosa Place, Lafayette. She was booked on attempted simple criminal damage to property.
- CORSTY JOHN CORMIER: 29, of the 100 block of La. 726, Carencro. He was booked on misdemeanor theft.
- JOSE ANGELO FELICIANO: 45, of the 1500 block of Louisiana Avenue, Lafayette. He was booked on parole/probation violation and hold for St. Martin Parish.
- TERRY GLOVER: 30, of the 300 block of East Alexander Street, Lafayette. He was booked on possession of firearms with obliterated serial number.
- ANTHONY GRAVEL: 28, of the 73 block of West Hollis Boulevard, Nashua, New Hampshire. He was booked on disturbing the peace and resisting an officer.
- LEXI MEON HEBERT: 27, of the 1900 block of Rees Street, Breaux Bridge. She was booked on two counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- CHRISTOPHER HEBERT: 61, of the 200 block of Sixth Street, Lafayette. He was booked on criminal trespass.
- DARIN ROBERT HEBERT: 21, of the 100 block of St. Phillip Street, Breaux Bridge. He was booked on two counts being a fugitive.
- JEREMY J. HOLDEN: 24, of the 100 block of Hebert Road, Lafayette. He was booked on warrants for St. Martin Parish.
- KEDRICK JOHNSON: 20, of the 200 block of St. Esprit Road, Carencro. He was booked on warrant/bench warrant.
- JOSEPH A. LASTRAPES: 28, of the 200 block of Halfway House E. Road, Ardnauville. He was booked on disturbing the peace by fighting; failure to secure a driver’s license; two counts of being a fugitive; and having no seat belt.
- DIMITRI LEBLANC: 23, of the 300 block of Guilbeau Road, Breaux Bridge. He was booked on shoplifting.
- BRANDON LEE MASON: 27, homeless, Lafayette. He was booked on criminal trespass.
- KEAGAN BRICE MENARD: 22, of the 5300 block of Mire Highway, Rayne. He was booked on warrant/bench warrant.
- TRICIA ANN PASTOR: 36, of the 100 block of Conrad Road, Crowley. She was booked on misdemeanor possession of marijuana.
- JORDAN PREJEAN: 21, of the 100 block of Elsinore, Lafayette. He was booked on simple robbery.
- FABIAN ARTURO ROBLES: 33, of the 100 block of Larimer Street, Lafayette. He was booked on failure to secure a driver’s license and having no safety belt.
- SEAN REED SNELSON: 31, of the 1700 block of Duchamp A Road, Broussard. He was booked on criminal trespass; misdemeanor illegal possession of stolen things; simple burglary; and warrant/bench warrant.
- CHANCE JUDE STELLY: 28, of the 2200 block of Cupcake Circle, Erath. He was booked on warrant/bench warrant.
- MARKIETHEA A. STEVENS: 24, homeless, Lafayette. He was booked on resisting an officer; public intimidation; and retaliation.
- MOLLY WILSON: 29, of the 100 block of Trouter, New Iberia. She was booked on unauthorized entry of a place of business.