LAFAYETTE — A masked robber targeted a Lafayette fast-food restaurant early Tuesday morning, flashing a handgun before stealing cash from the business.
Employees of the Sonic Drive-In at 6804 Johnston St. reported the crime around 5:45 a.m., said Lafayette Police Department spokesman Cpl. Paul Mouton.
The robber, who entered through the back door about 15 minutes before the business was scheduled to open at 6 a.m., was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, black faded jeans, black athletic shoes and a mask, Mouton said in a news release. He is described as a dark-skinned black man of medium build.
Anyone with information about the incident is encouraged to call the Lafayette Police Department or the anonymous Crime Stoppers tip line at (337) 232-TIPS.
Twelve people arrested on drug counts in Opelousas
OPELOUSAS — Twelve people wanted for selling crack cocaine, heroin, marijuana and prescription drugs in Opelousas were arrested Tuesday during a sting on narcotics trafficking.
The operation, called “Trick Bag,” targeted 14 people selling schedule I and II controlled dangerous substances, although only 12 of the 14 warrants were served thus far, KATC-TV reported.
The Opelousas Police Department said it’s obtained 30 warrants during a months-long investigation into narcotics trafficking and plans to execute additional roundups in the future.
Michael Auzenne Jr., no address given, was booked on distributing schedule I narcotics, and Ville Platte resident Amber Soileau, of 714 Highway 748, was booked on distributing schedule II narcotics.
Opelousas residents booked on distributing schedule II narcotics were Mikal Andrus, of 962 Park Circle; John and Kevin Davis, of 1000 Emma St.; Walter Laws, of 824 St. Cyr Ave.; Joseph Moten, of 602 Herman St.; Christopher Rom, of 1226 W. Landry St.; Danny Shouse, of 163 Rapheal Road; Michael Taylor, of 1619 Martha St.; Javanta Thibodeaux of 425 Carriere St.; and Michael Williams of 628 Chachere St.
Woman booked in stabbing injury of man in Rayne
RAYNE — A 25-year-old woman is accused of stabbing a man in the stomach Monday night at the Rain Tree Apartment Complex.
Angel Rector was booked on felony aggravated battery charges in the stabbing of a 30-year-old man, who was not identified, KATC-TV is reporting. The victim was last reported in stable condition at an area hospital.
The incident remains under investigation.
Two teens arrested in Miss.on count of armed robbery
GULFPORT, Miss . — Two Abbeville teens are behind bars in Mississippi, accused of an armed robbery at a fast food restaurant in Gulfport.
The two 18-year-olds — Mattie Sure Marie Cole and Dylan Lapeyrouse — were arrested last week on one count each of armed robbery for the Sept. 20 incident at a Sonic Drive-In, KATC-TV reported.
A server told police that after she delivered food to the pair, Lapeyrouse brandished a handgun and demanded money.
They’re both being held at the Harrison County jail in lieu of a $200,000 and $50,000 bond.
Arrests posted Oct. 14, 2014, on the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office website:
- JENNIFER L. ALLEN: 31, of the 700 block of Benoit Road, Carencro. She was booked on misdemeanor theft and three counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- SIMMIE ANDERSON: 41, of the 100 block of David Court, Monroe. He was booked on hold for the Department of Corrections.
- TOMMY ANDERSON: 48, of the 12515 block of Old Baton Rouge Highway, Hammond. He was booked on hold for the Department of Corrections.
- JAVON JACOBY BROUSSARD: 30, of the 1000 block of D Nanny Road, Breaux Bridge. He was booked on misdemeanor theft.
- JOSH PAUL BROUSSARD: 29, of the 900 block of Migues Road, New Iberia. He was booked on hold for the Department of Corrections.
- CHRISTOPHER JAMES CELESTINE: 28, of the 1000 block of Ruth Road, St. Martinville. He was booked on carrying a firearm or dangerous weapon by a student or nonstudent on school property, at school-sponsored functions, or in a firearm-free zone; carrying a weapon while committing or attempting to commit a crime or while in possession or during sale or distribution of a controlled substance; distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule II narcotics; and knowingly or intentionally possessing a schedule II controlled dangerous substance unless prescribed.
- RONALD JAMES COBB: 50, of the 800 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on simple assault and criminal trespassing.
- ALLISON DOMEC: 48, of the 200 block of St. Louis Street, Carencro. She was booked on a warrant/bench warrant.
- TERRY JAMES GOTCH: 46, of the 100 block of Aimee Drive, Carencro. He was booked on two counts of misdemeanor domestic abuse battery.
- KEVIN RAY HOWARD: 47, of the 900 block of Tallow Road, Lake Charles. He was booked on hold for court.
- JEROME JACKSON: 36, of the 900 block of North St. Antoine Street, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor theft.
- TARNZO DARNELL JONES: 27, of the 200 block of Connie Circle, Lafayette. He was booked on failure to yield at intersection; two counts of failure to secure a driver’s license; and safety-belt violation.
- CHASE LABBE: 23, of the 300 block of Cooper Street, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor domestic abuse battery.
- RONATA LOWTHER: 33, of the 600 block of St. Seton Lane, Youngsville. She was booked for Evangeline Parish.
- KEVIN JOVANY MARTINEZ: 19, of the 100 block of Squirrel Run, Youngsville. He was booked on speeding over 30 and failure to secure a driver’s license.
- PHILLIP JOSEPH NELSON: 26, of the 200 block of Hellen Street, Lafayette. He was booked on failure to secure a driver’s license and switched license plate.
- DWAYNE PETIT: 38, of the 1100 block of 27th Street, Kenner. He was booked on hold for the Department of Corrections.
- ERIC WALTER PICOU: 43, of the 1000 block of Ridgewood Court, Minden. He was booked on hold for the Department of Corrections.
- KENDRICK PAUL PREJEAN: 31, of the 300 block of Short Street, Lafayette. He was booked on two counts of fugitive and two counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- SPURLING JAMES PREJEAN: 30, of the 100 block of Woodrow Street, Lafayette. He was booked on failure to secure a driver’s license.
- LARRY JUDE VIATOR: 30, of the 300 block of Willis Drive, St. Martinville. He was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
- DAMIEN WALSWORTH: 34, of the 100 block of Henderson, Columbia. He was booked on hold for the Department of Corrections.
- HORST WEISSKOPF: 22, of the 200 block of Verot School Road, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
- SHAMEKIA L. WILLIAMS: 20, of the 3600 block of West Congress Street, Lafayette. She was booked on criminal trespassing; misdemeanor theft; resisting an officer; and three counts of warrant/bench warrant.