East Baton Rouge Parish deputies captured an inmate Sunday night who earlier that morning fled a work release job site armed with a screwdriver and had threatened to attack any law enforcement officer who tried to return him to jail.
Curtis Hanson, 44, of Jena, was arrested after he was spotted on Scenic Highway about 12 hours after he escaped from his work site, according to an East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office news release.
Hanson was arrested in Catahoula Parish in April on possession of methamphetamine, according to the news release. Though he was arrested in Catahoula Parish, he has been part of an inmate work release program in Baton Rouge and is housed in the Parish Prison.
Hanson was working at Mike Gerald’s Trailer Depot, 6800 Airline Highway, just north of Prescott Road, Sunday morning when he walked away from the work area around 6:45 a.m., the news release says.
Deputies believed at the time that he had a screwdriver and allegedly told a person, who was not identified, that he would attack any law enforcement officer who tried to recapture him, the release says.
Authorities captured Hanson on Scenic Highway at about 7:30 p.m., said Casey Rayborn Hicks, a sheriff’s spokeswoman.
The details of his capture were not available Sunday night.
Arrests posted Nov. 8, 2015, on the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office website:
- HEATHER MARIE BATISTE: 27, homeless, Lafayette. She was booked on warrant/bench warrant.
- DANIELLE BLAKE: 39, of the 100 block of St. Fabian Drive, Carencro. She was booked on OWI child endangerment; improper lane change (no accident); and not having a driver’s license.
- EUGENE BUTLER: 55, of the 2800 block of South Collins Street, Arlington, Texas. He was booked on shoplifting.
- BRYAN J. CLAY: 29, of the 200 block of Hudson Lane, Lafayette. He was booked on warrant/bench warrant.
- SANDRA MARIE COMEAUX: 48, of the 100 block of Arizona Street, Lafayette. She was booked on resisting an officer and interfering with a law enforcement investigation.
- FREDDY JOE FOWLER: 32, of Maurice. He was booked on headlights; open container of alcohol in a vehicle; and unlawful refusal to submit to chemical tests.
- HERMAN GOBERT: 59, of the 400 block of Hellen Street, Lafayette. He was booked on fugitive.
- WALTER JOLIVETTE III: 43, of the 200 block of Broland, Duson. He was booked on fugitive and misdemeanor domestic abuse battery.
- MARCUS JORDAN: 35, of the 100 block of Rue Royale Street, Lafayette. He was booked on theft under $100.
- DAVID LANDRY: 38, of the 1400 block of Troy Road, New Iberia. He was booked on felony operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
- BRENT MILLET: 30, of the 200 block of William Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor Schedule I narcotics.
- FREDERICK JAMAR MINOR: 29, of the 100 block of Trojan Place, Lafayette. He was booked on careless operation; misdemeanor hit-and-run; misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated; and operating a vehicle with a suspended license.
- CHARLES MAXIE PELLERIN: 33, homeless, Lafayette. He was booked on cruelty to juveniles.
- PATRICK RANSONET: 41, of the 200 block of Kim Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on unlawful refusal to submit to chemical tests and careless driving.
- DAVOINA RIDEAUX: 17, of the 200 block of Kelly Drive, Lafayette. She was booked on misdemeanor theft of goods.
- JENISA ALINE WILSON: 44, of the 1100 block of Eleventh Street, Lafayette. She was booked on disturbing the peace.