PATTERSON — A Patterson man was booked over the weekend on multiple drug counts and for allegedly having a child in his vehicle with the illegal drugs when he was stopped in Bayou Vista, officials said Monday.
James Gash, 33, of 1802 North St., was driving a vehicle Friday afternoon with no license plate when a deputy stopped him on Southeast Boulevard in Bayou Vista, St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Traci Landry said.
Landry said the deputy received permission from Gash to search the vehicle and found marijuana, cocaine, $9,329 in cash and the 5-year-old child sitting with the drugs.
Gash was booked on counts of possession with intent to distribute crack cocaine and marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and a Schedule I narcotic. He also is in jail on counts of driving under suspension, improperly displaying a license plate, having illegal drugs in a drug-free zone, having the cash that paid for illegal drugs and allowing a minor to be in the presence of illegal drugs, Landry said.
Gash’s bail was set at $97,000, and Monday he remained in the St. Mary Parish Law Enforcement Center.
One hurt in shooting in New Iberia
NEW IBERIA — A man was shot and injured on West Avenue on Sunday afternoon, officials said.
The victim, 28, was transported to a New Iberia hospital. He is suspected to survive, Iberia Parish Sheriff’s Office Lt. Richard Fleming said in a news release.
The shooting occurred at around 5 p.m. Sunday in the 700 block of West Avenue.
Fleming said an investigation continues.
Opelousas man pleads to bankruptcy charge
An Opelousas man pleaded guilty Monday to concealing income from his bail bonds business during bankruptcy proceedings, an official said.
Kirby Daigle, 67, pleaded guilty in front of U.S. Magistrate Judge C. Michael Hill to one count of making a false statement in his 2009 Chapter 7 bankruptcy proceedings, U.S. Attorney Stephanie Finley said in a news release.
In bankruptcy forms, Daigle listed income from veterans benefits and Social Security disability payments. But he claimed he had no income and owned no business, all the while owning a bail bonds business, according to the release, which did not identify the name of the business.
Daigle faces up to five years in prison, three years’ supervised release and a $250,000 fine when he is sentenced Sept. 19.
The Social Security Administrations investigated the case, and assistant U.S. attorneys Robert C. Abendroth and Myers P. Namie prosecuted the case.
Arrests posted June 30, 2014, on the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office website:
- PERRY LYNN ALLEMAN: 49, of the 800 block of Third Street, Duson. He was booked as a fugitive.
- CORY MICHAEL BOUDREAUX: 23, of the 3600 block of Mills Street, Lafayette. He was booked on distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule IV narcotics.
- ELIE JOSEPH DORE JR.: 48, of the 1500 block of East Pont De Mouton, Lafayette. He was booked on three counts for St. Martin Parish; resisting an officer; simple assault; and warrant/bench warrant.
- ZACHARY RYAN GRAY: 24, of the 400 block of Hypolite Miller Road, Sunset. He was booked on flight from an officer; aggravated flight from an officer; misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated; and speeding.
- GINGER M. HARRIS: 36, of New Iberia. She was booked on warrant/bench warrant.
- ZACHERY SHANE HENDERSON: 33, of the 200 block of Jeffery Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor theft and warrant/bench warrant.
- TYSON SANDERS HUVAL: 31, of the 400 block of Atlanta Street, Lafayette. He was booked on felony unauthorized use of access card as theft.
- ALBERT GEORGE JOHNSON: 40, of the 100 block of Lucy Street, Lafayette. He was booked for Iberia Parish.
- CALEB LAVIOLETTE: 19, of the 100 block of Granger Street, Loreauville. He was booked on distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule II narcotics; possession of marijuana; prohibited activities (drug paraphernalia); and speeding.
- JARED JAMAL LEDET: 22, of the 500 block of Joan Street, Lafayette. He was booked on two counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- JAMIE VIDRINE LEGER: 30, of the 100 block of Avon Street, Lafayette. She was booked for St. Martin Parish.
- RUBEN LUNA: 32, homeless, Lafayette. He was booked on disturbing the peace and resisting an officer.
- PRINCE ANTHONY MARKS: 21, of the 600 block of East Street, Opelousas. He was booked on municipal purposes.
- CODY DOUGLAS PIERSON: 25, of the 400 block of Theriot Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on three counts for Iberville Parish and misdemeanor battery of a police officer.
- ELJYNA TODD RAYFORD: 29, of the 300 block of Gustave Street, Broussard. He was booked on misdemeanor domestic abuse battery.
- TRONE DEON SAM: 33, of the 300 block of Haig Street, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor domestic abuse battery.
- OSCAR SCOTT: 26, of the 900 block of Gov. Mouton Street, St. Martinville. He was booked on warrant/bench warrant.
- DEANNA S. SEAWRIGHT: 24, of the 1900 block of Carmel Drive, Lafayette. She was booked on five counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- JOSE VAZQUEZ: 45, of the 1800 block of Touchet Street, Abbeville. He was booked on resisting an officer and disturbing the peace.
- THOMAS VERNON: 33, of the 2700 block of Junca Street, Jeanerette. He was booked on simple criminal damage to property and misdemeanor domestic abuse battery.