BREAUX BRIDGE — State Police say a drunk driver struck and fatally injured a 28-year-old bicyclist in Breaux Bridge on Friday night.
Tyrone Celestine, of Breaux Bridge, was riding his bike on West Mills Avenue near Rees Street in Breaux Bridge about 11:30 p.m. when Lawrence Sam, 52, also of Breaux Bridge, ran into him in a Dodge truck, Master Trooper Brooks David said.
Celestine, who wasn’t wearing a helmet, was ejected from the bicycle and was seriously injured, David said. He died at a local hospital.
Sam failed a breath test at the scene and was booked into St. Martin Parish Jail on counts of careless operation, open alcoholic container and vehicular homicide, David said.
Centerville man, 52, killed in La. 182 crash
FRANKLIN — A 52-year-old Centerville man was killed when his truck crossed a center divider and slammed into two cars on La. 182 near Franklin on Friday night, State Police said.
David Polidore was heading east in a Dodge truck on La. 182 near Dixie Road shortly before 8 p.m. when he suddenly veered toward an oncoming Honda Civic with two passengers and crashed into them, said Master Trooper Brooks David, a State Police spokesman.
Polidore’s truck rolled onto its right side after the impact and kept sliding forward until it collided with another oncoming truck, David said.
Polidore was pronounced dead at the scene, and impairment is believed to have been a factor, David said.
The Civic’s passengers, Rhonda Mello, 56, of Franklin, and Harley Mello, were taken to a local hospital with moderate injuries, David said. The passengers in the second car that was struck, Terry Adams, 50, of Patterson, and Crystal Gonzalez, were not injured, David said.
Arrests posted Nov. 8, 2014, on the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office website:
- DA’JYNE A. BAILEY: 24, of the 100 block of Glouchester Road, Lafayette. She was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated and vehicle entering highway from private road, driveway, alley or building.
- WILLIAM TALIAFERRO BLACKMAN: 37, of the 100 block of Cedar Crest Street, Lafayette. He was booked on felony operating a vehicle while intoxicated.
- TERRY BROUSSARD JR.: 21, of the 900 block of Evangeline Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on simple burglary.
- HALEY BUILLOTTE: 19, of the 200 block of Pollard Avenue, New Iberia. She was booked on misdemeanor theft.
- BRIAN DEROUSSELLE: 27, of the 200 block of Gathe Lane, Lafayette. He was booked on felony theft.
- CURTIS JOSEPH FRANCIS: 22, of the 900 block of Madeline Avenue, Lafayette. He was booked on two counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- ALTONACIA J. GABRIEL: 23, of the 100 block of Limoges, Duson. She was booked on warrant/bench warrant.
- TODD GERALD GARDINER II: 23, of the 400 block of Summerland Key Lane, Lafayette. He was booked on felony operating a vehicle while intoxicated; operating a vehicle while under suspension for prior offenses; stopping, standing or parking prohibited in specified places; and warrant/bench warrant.
- JAVARI GUIDRY: 19, of the 4000 block of Brentwood Lane, Lake Charles. He was booked on hold for court and five counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- TYLER GUILLORY: 24, of the 7900 block of West Congress Street, Duson. He was booked on misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated; open alcohol container in vehicle; and speeding.
- WAYNE KEITH HAMMONDS JR.: 27, of the 200 block of Loranger, Lafayette. He was booked on fugitive.
- JON MICHAEL HIGGINBOTHAM: 38, of the 700 block of Boscoe Highway, Church Point. He was booked on hold for the Department of Corrections.
- RANDY BRITT KING: 28, of the 400 block of Fox Run, Lafayette. He was booked on second-degree battery.
- WILLIAM CHRISTOPHER LEE: 32, of the 100 block of Bramber Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule IV narcotics; disturbing the peace; and entry on or remaining in places or on land after being forbidden.
- JARED BLAINE MANUEL: 26, of the 200 block of Theatre Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on second-degree battery.
- JEREMY A. PICARD: 34, of the 5300 block of Alleman Road, New Iberia. He was booked on sexual battery and cyberstalking.
- JOHN CURTIS PRIMEAUX: 33, of the 600 block of Rosedown Lane, Lafayette. He was booked on two counts for Vermilion Parish.
- DUSTIN MARC RICHARD: 31, of the 300 block of Lebesque Road, Lafayette. He was booked on carrying a weapon while committing or attempting to commit a crime or while in possession or during sale or distribution of a controlled substance; felony possession of marijuana; flight from an officer; aggravated flight from an officer; possession of firearm or carrying concealed weapon by a person convicted of felonies; and warrant/bench warrant.
- KENNETH JOHN ROMERO: 47, homeless, Lafayette. He was booked on fugitive.
- GERALD JAMES SEGURA: 65, of the 100 block of South Magnolia Street, Lafayette. He was booked on felony violation of protective orders.
- BROWNIE KEET SINEGAL: 31, of the 100 block of Rue Royale, Lafayette. He was booked on misdemeanor hit-and-run driving; flight from an officer; and aggravated flight from an officer.