LAFAYETTE — The University of Louisiana at Lafayette http://www.louisianaalumni.org/site.php">Alumni Association recently announced the outstanding graduates for the spring 2014 semester. The graduates will be recognized during the university’s general assembly at 11 a.m. Saturday at the Cajundome.
Each college’s dean nominates a graduate for the recognition based on leadership, scholarship and service. An overall outstanding graduate will be announced during the http://registrar.louisiana.edu/content/commencement/spring-2014-commencement/commencement-schedule">commencement ceremony.
- COLLEGE OF THE ARTS: Jacob Broussard, a visual arts major with a concentration in painting, graduates with a 3.89 grade-point average and is a member of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society. Broussard plans to attend graduate school. He is the son of Todd and Sondra Broussard, of Carencro.
- B.I. MOODY III http://theadvocate.com/news/8036709-123/ul-lafayettes-new-business-incubator-to">COLLEGE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION: Peyton Hargrave, an accounting major with a 3.90 GPA, is a member of the Beta Alpha Psi Honor Society. After graduation, Hargrave plans to work as an auditor with a CPA firm. She is the daughter of Vicki Ryder, of Lake Arthur.
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION: Kacie Breaux, an elementary education major with a 4.0 GPA, is the daughter of Mary and Bryant Breaux, of Abbeville. Breaux would like to teach third grade after graduation and also plans to pursue a master’s degree in curriculum and instruction at UL-Lafayette.
- COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING: Matthew Hartley, an electrical engineering major with a 4.0 GPA, is the son of Sonia and Steve Hartley, of Lafayette. He has been accepted into graduate programs at the University of Michigan, Stanford, Cornell, and the University of Washington.
- COLLEGE OF GENERAL STUDIES: Kristen Armstrong, a general studies major with a concentration in applied sciences, graduates with a 3.89 GPA. Armstrong plans to attend veterinary school at LSU in the fall. She is the daughter of Judy and Tim Armstrong, of Prairieville.
- COLLEGE OF LIBERAL ARTS: Maria Rachal, a French and history major with a minor in business, has a 4.0 GPA. After graduation, Rachal begins a temporary summer job as a campground manager at Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming and will later work in the teaching assistant program in France for a year. She is the daughter of Paul and Catherine Rachal, of New Roads.
- COLLEGE OF NURSING AND ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONS : Meredith Boustany, a dietetics major with a 3.70 GPA, has been accepted into the physician assistant program at LSU Health Sciences Center in Shreveport. She is working with Dr. Juan Fukuda, researching influenza vaccinations for pediatric patients. She is the daughter of Alfred and Patricia Boustany, of Lafayette.
- RAY P. AUTHEMENT COLLEGE OF SCIENCES: Kristy Langlinais, a biology major with a 4.0 GPA, plans to enroll in the occupational therapy program at the LSU Health Sciences Center in Shreveport after graduation. She plans to return to the Lafayette area to begin her career as an occupational therapist. She is the daughter of Justin and Monica Langlinais, of Erath.