The LSU Louisiana Business & Technology Center and the Louisiana Small Business Development Center will co-host a series of five free workshops for emerging entrepreneurs, beginning Wednesday.
The "New Venture Workshops" series will help entrepreneurs launch or grow a business. Each session will focus on a different aspect of the business planning process. The workshops are as follows:
• From Idea to Application: The Planning Process: (Wednesday) Sets the stage for a successful business planning process, early issues to address and do's and don'ts of business planning
• Legal Structure and Intellectual Property: (Feb. 15) Explains business structure, ownership, trademark, patents and other intellectual property and legal issues
• Entrepreneurial Marketing: (Feb. 29) Market research and industry analysis: target market, competition profile, distribution, promotion, price, SWOT and competitive advantage
• Entrepreneurial Finance and How to Structure the Deal: (March 14) What angel investors look for in a business plan, developing financial pro formas and fundable ventures
• Pitching Your Idea: (April 4) How to prepare your pitch: what should be included and what should be left out, presentation and delivery, investor lingo and what to expect during negotiations
All workshops will be held at the Louisiana Emerging Technology Center, Building 340, East Parker Boulevard in Baton Rouge, from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. on the specified dates. Sign-in will start at 4:45 p.m. Although the sessions are free, registration is requested and can be completed at http:www.lsbdc.org/lsu or by contacting Daniel Vlosky at email@example.com or 225-578-3986.