A house fire at 2818 Dena Lynn caused $95,000 in damage after a frying pan was left unattended in the kitchen, according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department.

Firefighters responded to the fire just after 10 p.m. Monday and two of the people in the house at the time escaped without injury. However, the fire caused damage to the kitchen, dining room, utility room, den and carport while the rest of the house had heat and smoke damage, according to the fire department.

American Red Cross also responded to help the family of eight with temporary housing, food, clothing, comfort kits and stuffed animals for the six children, according to a press release from the American Red Cross.