Saturday, Oct. 18
- HEALTH FAIR: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Greater First Church, Emmett W. Bashful/Huel D. Perkins Fellowship and Activity Center, 4669 Groom Road. Health fair includes discussion of diabetes, treatments and preventative measures. Door prizes.
Sunday, Oct. 19
- 119TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY: 3 p.m., Evening Star Baptist Church, 16301 Al Sanford Road. Pastor Henry Brown, of Emmanuel Baptist Church, will speak.
Prayer and Praise on the Bluff: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., North Baton Rouge Area Churches Ministries, La. 19 and Scenic Highway (Scotland Plaza). (504) 344-1219.
Life Choice Program: 9 a.m., Catholic Life Center, 1800 S. Acadian Thruway. Pre-cana program for engaged couples seeking to get married in the Catholic Church. diobr.org.
- DAUGHTERS OF NAOMI: 9:30 a.m., Camphor Memorial United Methodist Church, 8742 Scenic Highway. New and returning members will be welcomed. Sister Jean Stepter will speak on “Young Christian Ladies Empowered by the Lord.” (225) 9323-7475.
St. George Fair: 10 a.m., St. George Catholic Church, 7808 St. George Drive. Fellowship for all ages. (225) 291-1298.
Breast Cancer Awareness Conference: 10 a.m., The Hour of Power Family Worship Center, 9130 Scenic Highway. Sisters of the Outreach Gospel Arts will host seventh annual conference. Free. (225) 228-9784.
- THE WISDOM OF MARY MAGDALENE: 10 a.m., The Red Shoes, 2303 Government St. Musician, scholar and mythologist Kayleen Asbo will present Mary Magdalene as she has appeared throughout history in legends, stories, music and images.
public square rosary: Noon, Catholic Life Center, 1800 S. Acadian Thruway. Bring a lawn chair. This public rosary is to thank God and to pray for wisdom and knowledge to solve America’s problems. Sponsored by America Needs Fatima and St. George. (225) 769-0271.
LABYRINTH WALK: 7 p.m., The Red Shoes, 2303 Government St. A labyrinth walk enriched with meditation, live music and chanting. Kayleen Asbo will lead.
- BREAST CANCER AWARENESS SUNDAY: 8 a.m. Greater Mount Canaan Baptist Church, 5820 Evangeline St. Homecoming services with special guest the Rev. Roland Glover will follow at 3 p.m.
Worship services: 9 a.m., Mount Moriah Family Baptist Church, 15366 Old Hammond Highway.
Worship Services: 9-11 a.m., The New Christ Land Baptist Church, 5685 Robertson Ave.
Woman’s day: 11 a.m., Community Bible Baptist Church, 1729 Monte Sano Ave. The theme is “Designed with a Divine Destiny” and State Rep. Regina Ashford Barrow will speak. (225) 355-6644.
- BR CHRISTIAN WOMEN’S CONNECTION: 11 a.m., Oak Lodge Reception and Conference Center, 2834 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd. E-1. “An Attitude of Pink” luncheon with guest speaker recording artist Dr. Naima Johnston Bush, who will share her struggle with low self-esteem and her search for love in all the wrong places. RSVP $22 by emailing email@example.com.
TBR Lunch for Faith and Community Leaders: Noon, University Presbyterian Church, 3240 Dalrymple Drive.
- ew christian center opening: 10 a.m., Christ in the City, 320 Third St. The center is not a church, but will offer Holy Communion, a prayer room, music, studies, speakers, support groups, food, fellowship and volunteer opportunities. It is led by the Rev. David Melville and will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. ((225) 397-6393.
seminars: 7 p.m. Thursday and 9 a.m. Friday, Resthaven Garden of Memory & Funeral Home, 11817 Jefferson Highway. Alan D. Wolfelt will speak. Thursday is open to those impacted by death; Friday’s session is for professional caregivers.
Anthetic Treatment Of Anxiety And Depression: 8:30 a.m., Bishop Tracy Center, 1800 S. Acadian Thruway. A workshop to help master the concepts for overcoming depression.
- CLOTHING & HOT MEALS FOR THE NEEDY: 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Sweet Home Baptist Church, 343 W. Buchanan St. Helping Hand Ministry is providing.
36 YEars of singing: 6:30 p.m., The Star of Bethlehem Baptist Church, 6274 Scenic Highway. The Mighty Gospel Warriors, of Bruce, Mississippi, will perform. Continues Oct. 18 at 6:30 p.m.
concert: 7 p.m. Stevendale Baptist Church, 16545 Old Hammond Highway. The Diplomats will be in concert. Love offering will be taken. (225) 275-4646.
Saturday, Oct. 18
Clothing Giveaway: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Greater Beulah Baptist Church, 955 E. Polk St. Free clothing is available for children and adults in all sizes. (225) 343-5610.
- CONCERT: 4 p.m., Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church, 9700 Scenic Highway. Daughters of Naomi welcome Dr. Eric A. Yancy in concert. Free. (225) 933-7475.
Sunday, Oct. 19
87th year anniversary: 8 a.m., St. Joseph Baptist Church, 2510 Tennessee St. The Rev. David Ferguson, pastor of the new Ark Baptist Church, will speak.
Worship Services: 9-11 a.m., The New Christ Land Baptist Church, 5685 Robertson Ave. Elder Steve Nolan, of Cleveland, Ohio, will speak.
women’s day: 10 a.m., St. Mark United Methodist Church, 6217 Glen Oaks Drive. The theme is “Sisters with a Purpose — Making It Happen.” Yvette Richards, the national president of United Methodist Women’s Organization, will speak.
Holy Communion Service: 11 a.m., New Salem Missionary Baptist Church, 318 Eddie Robinson Sr. Drive. (225) 939-8827 or newsalembatonrouge.org.
Evening Worship Service: 3 p.m., The New Christ Land Baptist Church, 5685 Robertson Ave. Superintendent and Pastor Curtis Washington, of the Greater New Canaan Ministries, will speak.
Israeli Folk Dancing: 7-8:30 p.m., Congregation B’nai Israel, 3354 Kleinert Ave. David Kirshner will instruct. Free. (225) 756-5291.
- EMMANUEL BAPTIST CHURCH AID ASSOCIATION ANNUAL SESSION: Little Rising Sun Baptist Church, 1275 South 16th St. Sunday School from 9:30 a.m. to noon and youth ministry at 1 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 19; Bible class 10 a.m. to noon Oct. 20-23, with parent body in session at 1 p.m. each day. Nightly sessions are at 7. (225) 387-2421.
Monday, Oct. 20
- SOUTHEAST REGIONAL BIBLICAL INSTITUTE: 6 p.m., Baton Rouge Community College, Small Business Training Center, 350 N. Donmoor. Basic level — Introduction to the New Testament; Advanced level - Introduction to the Black Church History.
Thursday, Oct. 23
- HIV MINISTRY: 9 a.m., Dr. Leo S. Butler Community Center, 950 E Washington St. HIV ministry transition steps to develop an HIV-compassionate church. The topics include: How HIV impacts your local community, a sociological understanding of the disease, who is at risk for infection, how to recognize religious-based stigma, methods and strategies for HIV Ministries and Outreach. The workshop discussion is facilitated by the Rev. Joseph Collins, author of the curriculum and co-founder of the Ministers’ Roundtable of Texas. The workshop is free on a first-come basis to clergy and other qualified participants.
Saturday, Oct. 25
- “IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF THE MIRACLE HEALER”: 11 a.m., The Red Shoes, 2303 Government St. A film in three parts (each about 95 minutes) with two intermissions. This film tells the story of Bruno Groening, who was called upon by God to cure the incurable. Admission is free, donations accepted. Organizer is Bruno Groening Circle of Friends, (225) 751-2369, bruno-groening.org/english/.
“WHY WE SING” YOUTH MUSICAL: 6:30 p.m., Full Gospel UPC, 6729 Mickens Road. There will be food and fellowship.
Pumpkin Patch for Missions: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Blackwater United Methodist Church, 10000 Blackwater Road. All proceeds go to missions in the Central community. (225) 261-4646.
- PRAISE & WORSHIP SERVICE: 9 a.m., Beachum Grove Baptist Church, 8877 Battle Road. Sunday School begins at 8 a.m.
Sunday, Oct. 19
- HOMECOMING: 10:30 a.m., Ethel Baptist Church, La. 19. Joint homecoming of Ethel Baptist and Ethel United Methodist Church. Registration begins at 10 a.m. The Rev. Moody Adams will speak and members of both churches will make up the choir.
Gonzales?Tuesday, Oct. 21
Young Communicators Class: 7 p.m., Household of Faith Church, 10469 Airline Highway. Topics will include message development, a solid foundation for message preparation, mastering a logical progression of thought, message mapping, creativity and design, finding your voice and more. $30, online; $40, door. hofchurch.com.
BPM Worship Revival Weekend: 7 p.m., Calvary Christian Center, 118 N. Richardson St. Birthing Place Ministries will present “The King’s Processional.”
129th Church Anniversary: 2 p.m., Zion Traveler Baptist Church, 8924 False River Road. The Rev. Mary Moss and the St. Alma Baptist Church, of Lakeland, will be guests. A reception will follow in the E.D.B. Reed Annex.
- FAMILY & FRIENDS DAY CELEBRATION: 8 a.m., The Plymouth Rock Baptist Church, 58830 Iron Farm Road. Dr. Irma Collins Miller will speak on “Signed, Sealed, Delivered.”
- REVIVAL SERVICE: 7 p.m., Mount Zion Inner City, 24400 Eleanor Drive. In honor of the Rev. Ricardo L. Handy Sr. for 17 years of pastoring and 20 years of preaching. Power Driven and Chozen will be the musical guests.
Sunday, Oct. 19
- 140TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY: 11 a.m., St. Matthew Baptist Church, 22910 Warren St. The Rev. Shannon Warner, pastor of the Macedonia Baptist Church of Plaquemine, will speak.
PASTOR APPRECIATION: 5 p.m., Mount Zion Inner City, 24400 Eleanor Drive. In honor of the Rev. Ricardo L. Handy, Sr. for 17 years of pastoring and 20 years of preaching. Pastor Clinton McFarland will speak and Joel Jones and Workshop Choir will perform.
Spiritual Book Sharing: 10 a.m., Rosaryville Spirit Life Center, 39003 Rosaryville Road. Listen to a lecture on Richard Rohr’s “Immortal Diamond.” $50, includes book and materials.
- THEN SINGS MY SOUL — A PRAYER SERIES: Rosaryville Spirit Life Center, 39003 Rosaryville Road. A prayer series featuring song and scripture lead by Cindy Scardina. Themes are Oct. 14 — forgiveness-healing; Oct. 21 — mercy-grace; Oct. 28 —salvation-hope; Nov. 4 — God’s peace-God’s love.
- CENTERING PRAYER: 7 p.m., Rosaryville Spirit Life Center, 39003 Rosaryville Road. A method designed to facilitate the development of Contemplative Prayer.
Sunday, Oct. 19
- HOMECOMING SERVICES: 10:15 a.m., Sandy Creek Baptist Church, 22834 Liberty Road. Brother Carey Long will lead the music and Brother Dale Phillips will speak. Dinner will follow.
- SPIRIT SUNDAY: 8:20 a.m., Magnolia Full Gospel Baptist Church, 7910 U.S. 61 North. A pre-anniversary celebration in honor of Prophet Milton and Lady Rose Coats. Sister Shawndee Fluker will speak.
HOMECOMING SERVICE: 2 p.m., Sherobee Missionary Baptist Church, 10054 Jones Vaughn Creek Road. The Rev. Dennis Lawrence, of Pleasant Grove and Sixth Ward Baptist Churches, will speak.
- NURSING HOME VISITATION: 10 a.m., St. Francisville Country Manor Nursing Home, 15243 La. 10. Sherobee Missionary Baptist Church will visit with director Emma Woods, who will bring words of encouragement.
Saturday, Oct. 18
- GOSPEL MUSICAL: 6 p.m., St. Paul No. 1 Baptist Church, 13464 Tunica Trace. Presented by Greater Hollywood Baptist Church. Performance by The Gospel Wonders, with special guest appearance by Spiritual Voices of Christ The True Light Singers. (225) 635-5921.
Sunday, Oct. 19
Lord’s Supper: 11:30 a.m., St. James Missionary Baptist Church, 10151 Noel Thomas Lane.
- SERVICES: 7:30 p.m., Open Faith Door Ministry, Best Western Inn conference room, 4030 La. 19. Pastor Timothy Glasssper and Co-pastors Deandrea and Courtney Glasper.
360 Musical Movement: 6 p.m., 360 Christian Center Church, 5850 Main St. the360ccc.com.