FRIDAY, MAY 3
- People’s Choice Car & Bike Show - 125th Birthday Celebration of Baker. The event will take place between City Hall and the Chamber of Commerce from 5 to 9 p.m. and will include space walks, games, pony rides for kids, music and more. There is no registration fee. For more information e-mail Jean Byers at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at the Baker Heritage Museum at (225) 774-1776.
SATURDAY, MAY 4
- Cruise Night, hosted by Rick’s Rods and Performance. Every first Saturday from 3 to 6 p.m. at Applebee’s, 5630 Johnston Street in Lafayette. For more information call (337) 988-7637.
- Cruise Breakfast, hosted by the Ramblin’ Oldies of Denham Springs, every Saturday from 7 to 9 a.m. at Berry’s Burgers & Seafood at Florida Blvd. and Flannery Road. All gearheads welcome. For more information call (225) 665-3609.
- Cruise Night at Taylor’s Express, 964 Highway 3125 in Gramercy, from 5 to 8 p.m. every first Saturday (March to November). The event includes food and beverages for sale. There is no admission fee. For more information call (225) 869-1734.
- All Ford Show & Shine, hosted by the Baton Rouge Area Mustangers, at Hollingsworth Richards Ford, 7787 Florida Blvd. Registration is from 8 to 11 a.m. Registration fee is $25. The event will include door prizes, lunch, Mustangs, trucks, special interest, modified and dealer’s choice. For more information call Cherie at (225) 364-9862, email email@example.com, or visit www.brmustangers.org. Donations to benefit ALS Association.
- Autocross and Mirror Khana, May 4-5, hosted by the Delta Region of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA), at NOLA Motorsports Park, 11075 Nicolle Boulevard in Avondale. All events are open to any participant with a vehicle that can pass a basic safety inspection. Spectators are welcome and loaner helmets will be provided. For more information on these events or upcoming events visit www.delta-scca.org or Delta Region SCCA on Facebook.
- Gerry Lane/Percy Sledge Open Car Show, hosted by the Cajun Classic Chevy Club, at 6505 Florida Blvd. from 8 a.m. to 12 noon. Registration fee is $20. For more information call Mike a (225) 223-4172.
SUNDAY, MAY 5
- FROSTOP Nostalgia Cruise-In at Calhoun at Claiborne in Uptown N’Awlins from 2 to 6 p.m. For more information call Pam at (504) 282-2862.
- Sonic Cruise-In at Sonic Drive-In, corner of Sherwood Forest Blvd and Old Hammond Hwy, every first Sunday from 4 to 7 p.m. Hosted by Cajun Classic Chevy Club. For more information call Eric at (225) 614-3252.
MONDAY, MAY 6
- Golden Oldies Motor Club meeting at Annette’s Country Cooking & Seafood Cafe, 2804 W. Church St. Ext. in Hammond, at 7:30 p.m. For more information visit the Web site at www.goldenoldiesmotorclub.com.
TUESDAY, MAY 7
- Cajun Classic Chevy Club meeting at Gerry Lane Cadillac dealership, 10945 Reiger Road, at 7 p.m. Dinner is at 6 p.m. Please bring chairs. For more information call Mike at (225) 223-4172.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 8
- Southern Cruisers Riding Club, Live Oak 531, monthly meetings at Ryan’s Restaurant on South Range in Denham Springs on the second Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. For more information call Tommy at (225) 278-1600.
Send your car club information to: Cruisin’, WHEELS, The Advocate, P.O. Box 588, Baton Rouge, LA 70821, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (225) 388-0129.