No arrests will be made Wednesday in last week’s bar fight reportedly involving four LSU football players and four men injured in the brawl, Baton Rouge Police Department Sgt. Donald Stone said.
Stone answered questions about what would happen Wednesday via email early Wednesday morning.
Stone said in the email that police investigators would continue the interview process Wednesday but it was unknown who exactly would be interviewed.
Baton Rouge Police Chief Dewayne White said Tuesday the four LSU football players implicated in the incident gave their statements to police Tuesday at State Police headquarters and gave investigators the names of at least a dozen witnesses.
The four players - senior quarterback Jordan Jefferson, 20; freshman wide receiver Jarvis Landry, 18; sophomore offensive tackle Chris Davenport, 21; and sophomore linebacker Josh Johns, 21 - met with police for about two hours, the chief said Tuesday.
One man was knocked unconscious and another man suffered three fractured vertebrae in the Friday bar fight reportedly involving LSU football players, police said Tuesday.
The other two men injured in the brawl outside Shady’s bar, 623 E. Boyd Drive, were cut and bruised, White said following a Tuesday news conference at police headquarters.
The names of the men injured in the fight were not released. However, White said, the man who was knocked unconscious and suffered contusions to his head, nose and hands is a Marine.
Stone said Tuesday interviewing the additional witnesses could extend the police investigation five, possibly 10 days.
Stone added, based on facts investigators already have gathered, “there is a good chance that when the investigation is over arrests will be made” and that people could be booked with simple battery and second-degree battery.