Here’s what’s going on in this week’s arts and cultural scene:
- The Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities is accepting nominations for the 2015 Humanities Awards for outstanding achievement in and contributions to the humanities. Awardees will be honored at the 2015 Bright Lights Awards Dinner on April 23, at the Capitol Park Museum, 660 N. Fourth St., Baton Rouge. Nominations must be received in the LEH office no later than 5 p.m. Dec. 18, and should be addressed to: Chair, Humanities Awards Committee, Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities, 938 Lafayette St., Suite 300, New Orleans, LA 70113. Nominations also may be faxed to LEH (attention to Chair, Humanities Awards Committee) at (504) 529-2358 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Southeastern Louisiana University Jazz Ensemble will perform at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 25, in a free concert in Pottle Annex Recital Hall on campus in Hammond. Southeastern Associate Director of Bands Paul Frechou is the conductor.
For more information, call (985) 549-2184.
- The Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge, 427 Laurel St., is conducting its Fall Membership Campaign. For more information, visit artsbr.org.
- The LSU School of Music has scheduled several events this week: LSU Opera, final performance of “Dido and Aeneas,” 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 23, Claude L. Shaver Theatre, Baton Rouge; Men’s Glee and Women’s Chorale concert, 7:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 24, University United Methodist Church, Baton Rouge; LSU Symphony Orchestra concert, 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 25, LSU Union Theater, Baton Rouge. For tickets, call (225) 578-5128 or visit music.lsu.edu.?
- The Walls Project is conducting its $225 Holiday Fundraising Campaign. For more information, visit thewallsproject.org.
- Tickets are on sale for Theatre Baton Rouge’s production of “A Christmas Carol,” which opens Friday, Dec. 12, at the theater, 7155 Florida Blvd. For tickets, call (225) 924-6496 or visit theatrebr.org.