Here’s what’s going in the local arts and cultural scene:
- “Brave Steps: The Louisiana Native Guard,” runs through March 22 at the West Baton Rouge Museum, 845 N. Jefferson Ave., Port Allen.
The exhibit marks the last year of the U.S. Civil War Sesquicentennial. (225) 336-2422, westbatonrougemuseum.org.
- Registration is open for classes and workshops at the St. Tammany Art Association, 320 N. Columbia St., Covington. For a complete list or to register, call (985) 892-8650 or visit sttammanyartassociation.org.
- The deadline is Friday, Feb. 6, for entries to the LSU Student Union Gallery’s annual national juried exhibit, “20x20x20 National Compact Competition” which runs April 9 through June 10, at the gallery on Raphael Semmes Drive. (225) 578-5162, email email@example.com or as.lsu.edu/home-parallax/union/union-art-gallery.
- The Paul and Lulu Hilliard University Art Museum, 710 E. St. Mary Blvd., Lafayette, announces new hours for the spring semester: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Wednesdays and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays. (337) 482-2278, hilliardmuseum.org.
- Baton Rouge Gallery, 1515 Dalrymple Drive, will open its February Exhibition, featuring work by artist members Kelli Scott Kelley, Kathryn Hunter and Jamie Baldridge on Sunday, Feb. 1. (225) 383-1470, batonrougegallery.org.
- The Attacca Quartet will perform at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 27, in the LSU School of Music Recital Hall, Dalrymple Drive on campus. Tickets are $10. (225) 578-5128, music.lsu.edu/tickets.
- Baton Rouge Ballet Theatre will host national auditions for the Nashville Ballet Summer Intensive Saturday, Jan. 31, at the Dancers’ Workshop, 10745 Linkwood Court, Baton Rouge.
Registration begins at noon. (225) 766-8379, batonrougeballet.org.
- Bonnie Smith Williams’s exhibit, “Familiar Subjects — New and Old,” will be on display at Ochsner Medical Center, 17000 Medical Center Drive, Baton Rouge, through March 28.
- Registration is underway for the spring session of Southeastern Louisiana University’s Community Music School, which begins Monday, Jan. 26.
Registration remains open throughout the semester. (985) 549-5502, southeastern.edu/cms.
— Compiled by Robin Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org