Here’s what’s going on in the area arts and cultural scene:
- The Runnels Junior and Senior High Drama Department will present “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum” on the stage of the Gladys Hague Runnels Theatre for three performances on March 13-14. Shows are at 7 p.m. Friday, March 13; 7 p.m. Saturday, March 14, and 2 p.m. Sunday, March 15. Tickets are $10. Call (225) 751-2192.
- Auditions for New Venture Theatre’s production of “The Secret Life of Bees” will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 14, at the Hartley/Vey Workshop Theatre in the Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. For more information, visit newventuretheatre.com.
- The Capitol Park Museum, 660 N. Fourth St., Baton Rouge, will conduct a Capitol Park History Walking Tour at 9 a.m. Saturday, March 14. The tour will begin in the museum lobby. For more information, visit crt.state.la.us/museum.
- Tickets are on sale for Mid City Dance Project’s 10th anniversary production of “The Fading Line: A Dance Performance to Commemorate the 1953 Bus Boycott,” set for 7:30 Tuesday and Wednesday, March 17-18, in the Manship Theatre at the Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Tickets are $20, with discounts for seniors and students. For tickets, call (225) 344-0334 or visit manshiptheatre.org.
- The Baton Rouge Ballet Theatre is selling tickets for its sixth annual Dancin’ in the Streets fundraiser block party, which will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday, March 21, at Perkins Rowe Great Hall, 10202 Perkins Road. Tickets are $35 until 5 p.m. Friday, March 20, and $45 at the door. For tickets, call (225) 766-8379 or visit batonrougeballet.org.
- Auditions for Baton Rouge Ballet Theatre’s Youth Ballet summer tour of “High Jinx in Paris” will be held on Saturday, March 21, at the Dancers’ Workshop, 10745 Linkwood Court. Auditions are open to intermediate-level dancers ages 10 to 14, and there is a $10 audition fee. Registration begins at 11:30 a.m., and auditions will start at noon. Dancers must be 10 years old by Sept. 30 or entering fifth grade in fall 2015. For more information, call (225) 766-8379 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tickets are on sale for LSU Opera’s production of Hector Berlioz’s “Béatrice et Bénédict,” set for March 26-29 at the Claude L. Shaver Theater in the LSU Music and Dramatic Arts Building, Dalrymple Drive. Tickets are $15-$30. For tickets, call (225) 578-3527 or visit music.lsu.edu.
- The Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge is calling for volunteers to help out at FestForAll, which will be held Saturday and Sunday, March 28-29. For more information, call (225) 344-8558 or visit artsbr.org.
- Tickets are on sale for Baton Rouge Ballet Theatre’s spring concert, “Beyond Ballet,” at 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 13, in the River Center Theatre for the Performing Arts, 275 St. Louis St. Tickets are $30 with a special rate of $20 for groups of 10 or more. For tickets, call (225) 766-8379 or visit ticketmaster.com.
- Plaquemine Bank and Trust Company, 24025 Eden St., Plaquemine, is calling for artists to enter its 28th annual Art Alert Art Show on Wednesday, April 29. The show is open to all natives and residents of Iberville and West Baton Rouge parishes with categories for children under 10 years of age; 10-13 years, 14-18 years and adults 18 and older, including both professional and nonprofessional artists. Art entries may be delivered to Plaquemine Bank from April 15 to April 28. For detailed entry information, visit plaqbank.com.
— Compiled by Robin Miller, email@example.com.