Here’s what’s going on in the area arts and cultural scene:
- Tickets are on sale for the Livingston Parish Children’s Choirs Dinner Theatre’s production of “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the 60s” at 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, March 20-21 at North Park, 30372 Eden Church Road, Denham Springs. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $35 in advance and $45 at the door. For tickets or more information, visit lpccsing.org.
- “The Endangered Cemeteries Exhibit” is showing through Tuesday, March 31, at the Louisiana State Archives, 3851 Essen Lane, Baton Rouge, showcasing cemetery research documented by Jessica H. Schexnayder with the Louisiana Sea Grant College Program at LSU and Mary Manhein with the LSU FACES Lab. Hours are 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Admission is free. Call (225) 922-1000.
- Tickets are on sale for St. Michael High School’s ninth annual “Moonlight & Jazz!,” 5:30-7:30 p.m. Sunday, April 19, at White Oak Plantation Gardens, 17660 George O’Neal Road, Baton Rouge. Proceeds will benefit the school’s band program. Seating is limited. For tickets, call (225) 753-9782 or email email@example.com.
- Southeastern Louisiana University’s Wind Symphony Orchestra will perform its spring concert on at 7:30 p.m. Friday, March 20, in the Columbia Theatre for the Performing Arts, 220 E. Thomas St., Hammond. General admission tickets are $5; high school and Southeastern students are admitted free with their student ID card. For tickets, call (985) 543-4371.
- “Alligators: Dragons in Paradise,” a traveling exhibit from the Museum of Florida History TREX program is running through Saturday, June 6, at Louisiana’s Old State Capitol, 100 North Blvd., Baton Rouge. Hours are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. Admission is free. For more information, call (225) 342-0500.
- Registration is open for the Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge’s third professional development session, “How to Make an Effective Video for Your Nonprofit,” from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, March 17, in the Arts Council’s Firehouse Gallery, 427 Laurel St., Baton Rouge. Admission is free but registration is required. Call (225) 344-8558.
- The LSU Student Union Art Gallery’s 2015 Juried Student Art Show runs through Wednesday, April 1, in the gallery, Raphael Semmes Drive, Baton Rouge. Hours are 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Admission is free. Call (225) 578-5162 or visit as.lsu.edu.
- Tickets are on sale for the Baton Rouge Ballet Theatre’s spring concert, “Beyond Ballet,” 7:30 p.m. Thursday, April 17, in the Baton Rouge River Center Theatre for the Performing Arts, 275 St. Louis St. For tickets, call (225) 766-8379 or visit batonrougeballet.org.
- Registration is open for three photography workshops at the St. Tammany Art Association, 320 N. Columbia St., Covington: Lumen Print Workshop, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, March 21, cost is $95; Tintype Workshop, 1-5 p.m. Saturday, March 28, cost is $195; and Digital SLR Workshop, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, April 4, cost is $85. For more information, visit sttammanyartassociation.org.
— —— Compiled by Robin Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org