Here’s what’s going on in the area’s arts and cultural scene:
- The LSU Wind Ensemble will perform its concert, “Metamorphisis,” at 7:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 2, in the LSU Union Theatre, Raphael Semmes Drive, Baton Rouge. For tickets, call (225) 578-5128 or visit music.lsu.edu.
- The Louisiana Art & Science Museum, 100 S. River Road, Baton Rouge, has scheduled several events this week: Orion Launch Celebration, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 4; Downtown Festival of Lights, 5-8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 5; Viewing and Doing Art for ages 6-12, 10:30 a.m.-noon Saturday, Dec. 6; Special Holiday First Sunday, 1-4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 7; and exhibits “Art In Action: Inflate. Draw. Pour through Jan. 4; “Peter de Francia: An Italianate in Britain” through Jan. 4; “Capital City Contemporary” through Feb. 15; and “The Show Window,” through Feb. 15.
For more information, call (225) 344-5272 or visit lasm.org.
- The LSU A Cappella Choir will perform its annual Candleight Concert at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 7, in the LSU Union Theatre, Raphael Semmes Drive, Baton Rouge.
The program will feature J.S. Bach’s “Magnificat” with a chamber orchestra, along with Christmas carols. For tickets, call (225) 578-5128 or visit music.lsu.edu.
- Perkins Rowe and the Salvation Army will offer the “Merry Music Red Kettle” holiday fund drive from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 13, at Cinemark Perkins Rowe movie theater to benefit Baton Rouge-area relief programs.
The event is a day of free, live, holiday entertainment performed by local artists.
Donations will support the Salvation Army’s community projects, senior citizen programs, after-school programs, relief for victims of fire and disasters, addiction rehabilitation programs and direct aid for families in need.
For more information, visit perkinsroweshops.com/events.
- Tickets are on sale for Wanderlust Theatre Co.’s production of Anne Washburn’s “Mr. Burns: A Post-Electric Play,” at 7:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, Dec. 5-6 and 11-13, and 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 7, at 520 Jefferson St., Lafayette.
- A songwriting workshop with Roddie Romero is set for 2-4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 6, at Tom’s Fiddle & Bow, 204 Fuselier St., Arnaudville. For more information, call (337) 254-9695 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rosedown Plantation State Historic Site, 12501 La. 10, St. Francisville, is decorated for Christmas and will continue its “Garden Tour Fridays” guided garden tours at 10 a.m. Friday, Dec. 5.
The site also will present its annual, “Christmas at Rosedown” celebration throughout the day on Saturday, Dec. 13. For more information, call (888) 376-1867 or (225) 635-3110, or visit LaStateParks.com.
- Tickets are on sale for New Venture Theatre’s New V Awards Gala at 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 6, at the Manship Theatre in the Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The cocktail hour begins at 5:30 p.m.
Tickets are $25. For tickets, call (225) 588-7576 or visit newventuretheatre.org.
- Tickets are on sale for Theatre Baton Rouge’s production of “A Christmas Carol,” which opens Friday, Dec. 12, on the theater’s main stage, 7155 Florida Blvd. For tickets, call (225) 924-6496 or visit theatrebr.org.
Tickets also are on sale for Playmakers of Baton Rouge’s production of “The Snow Queen, or When Christmas Freezes Over,” which opens Friday, Dec. 12, in the Reilly Theatre, Tower Drive, LSU campus. For tickets, call (225) 578-6996 or visit playmakersbr.org.