Here’s what’s happening in the area arts and cultural scene:
- The LSU Museum of Art, in collaboration with the LSU Herbarium, presents a behind-the-scenes tour of the LSU Herbarium in the Life Science Annex on campus at 2 p.m. today, June 29, in conjunction with the exhibition, “Margaret Stones’s Flora of Louisiana: The Baton Rouge Connection.” For tickets, call (225) 389-7207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Acadian Wind Symphony will perform “Louisiana Connections” at 3:30 p.m. today, June 29, in the Lafayette High School Auditorium, 3000 W. Congress St., Lafayette. The featured soloist will be jazz trumpeter Graham Breedlove, who has performed with Wynton Marsalis and Darius Rucker. Admission is free. For more information, call (337) 989-1279.
- Tickets are on sale for New Venture Theatre’s summer musical, Elton John’s and Tim Rice’s “Aida,” set for Thursday through Sunday, July 10-13, at the Manship Theatre in the Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Tickets are $25 or $20 for groups of 10 or more. For tickets, call (225) 344-0334 or visit newventuretheatre.org or manshiptheatre.org.
- Tickets are on sale for Swine Palace’s Summerfest production of William Shakespeare’s “Romeo and Juliet,” set for Friday through Sunday, July 8-13, in the Reilly Theatre, Tower Drive, LSU campus. Tickets are $10. For tickets, visit swinepalace.org.
- Tickets are on sale for Ascension Community Theatre’s summer musical, “The Wizard of Oz,” which runs Thursdays through Sundays, July 10-27, in the Pasqua Theatre, 823 Felicity St., Gonzales. Tickets are $15-$30. For tickets, call (225) 647-1230 or visit ascensioncommunitytheatre.org.
- The exhibit, “Carving Their Niche: The Bowie Family in Louisiana” runs through Sunday, Aug. 31, at the West Baton Rouge Museum, 845 N. Jefferson Ave., Port Allen. For more information, call (225) 336-2422.
- Registration is open for the Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge’s Community School for the Arts: Plates and Palettes for ages 6-12. Sessions are Monday through Friday, July 14-18 and July 21-25. To register, call (225) 344-8558 or visit artsbr.org.
- Tickets are on sale for Wanderlust Theatre Co.’s production of Williams Shakespeare’s “The Comedy of Errors,” Wednesdays through Saturdays, July 16-19 and July 23-26, at Johnson’s Boucaniere on the green space at St. John and Convent streets, Lafayette. Tickets are pay-what-you-can at the door. Tickets also can be purchased in advance at errors.eventbrite.com. For more information, visit wanderlusttheatre.com.