Here’s what’s going on this week in the area arts and cultural scene:
- The Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge will present two more Holiday Arts Markets in December from 8 a.m. to noon Saturdays, Dec. 13 and 20, on Fifth Street between Laurel and Main streets. Admission is free. For more information, call (225) 344-8558 or visit artsbr.org.
- Registration is open for acting classes at New Venture Theatre in Baton Rouge. To register or for more information, visit newventuretheatre.com.
- Tickets are on sale for the Baton Rouge Ballet Theatre’s “The Nutcracker — A Tale from the Bayou” in the Baton Rouge River Center Theatre for the Performing Arts and the Cangelosi Dance Project’s “Holiday Mix” in the Manship Theatre. Both productions are set for Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 20-21. For “Nutcracker” tickets, call (225) 766-8379 or visit batonrougeballet.org. For “Holiday Mix” tickets, call (225) 344-0334 or visit manshiptheatre.org.
- The LSU Museum of Art in the Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St., Baton Rouge, has scheduled several events in December: current exhibits “Rooted Communities: The Art of Nari War,” runs through Jan. 18, “Accalia and the Swamp Monster: Works by Kelli Scott Kelley” runs through Jan. 11 and “LeRoy Neiman: Action!” runs through Feb. 15; LSU graduate student Mitch Hobbs will conduct a guest lecture about Kelli Scott Kelley’s work at 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 7; Free First Sunday Family Art Box: Artfully Barouqe Ornaments is set for Sunday, Dec. 7; the museum will unveil its new Education wall at “LeRoy Neiman: Action! Halftime Show” at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 7; the “Around the World at Lunch: American Artists — Travelers Abroad” series continues at noon Wednesday, Dec. 10; Adult Art Classes: Unwrap your Creativity are set for 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 11; Saturday Arts for Families: Angels in Art workshop is set for 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 13. For more information, call (225) 389-7200 or visit lsumoa.org.
- Reservations are still available for Breakfast with Santa at The Enchanted Mansion Doll Museum, 190 Lee Drive, Baton Rouge, at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Saturdays, Dec. 13 and 20. Registration is $20 and $10 for children younger than age 3. Also, the museum’s annual holiday exhibit, “Angels and Cherubs,” is on display. To register or for more information, call (225) 769-0005.
- The West Baton Rouge Museum, 845 N. Jefferson Ave., Port Allen, Christmas celebration is set for 2-4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 7. Included will be a visit from Papa Noel. Admission is free. For more information, call (225) 336-2422 or visit westbatonrougemuseum.org.
- The Wanderlust Theatre Co. of Lafayette has moved its performances of “Mr. Burns: A Post Electric Play” to Theatre 810, 810 Jefferson St., Lafayette. Performances are set for 7:30 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday, Dec. 10-13, and 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 14. Tickets are $15. For tickets, call (337) 504-5367 or visit mrburns.eventbrite.com.