Here’s what’s going on this week in the area arts and cultural scene:
- BREC’s Baton Rouge Gallery, 1515 Dalrymple Drive, is hosting children’s fall classes, “Saturday Studio: Investigating 20th Century Artists,” 10 a.m.-noon Saturdays, beginning Oct. 25.
The class fee is $75 per person for four weeks with materials included or one session for $25 per person with all materials included. To register or for more information, call (225) 383-1470 or visit thebatonrougegallery.org.
- Castle Creek Fest is set for 5-8 p.m. Monday, Oct. 27, at Louisiana’s Old State Capitol, 100 North Blvd., Baton Rouge.
Admission is $5 for children and free for adults accompanying children. For more information, call (225) 342-0500.
- Auditions for the Lauren-Reilly Eliot Theater Company’s production of Arthur Miller’s “Death of a Salesman” will be 6 p.m. Sunday and Monday, Oct. 26-27, at Cité des Arts, 109 Vine St., Lafayette. For more information, call (337) 371-5481 or visit LREtheatre.com.
- Tickets are on sale for “Xibipíío” (i-bi-PEE-o), a contemporary ballet by Gina Hanchey, set for 7:30 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, Oct. 23-25, at the Acadiana Center for the Arts, 101 W. Vermilion St., Lafayette. For tickets, call (337) 233-7060 or visit acadianacenterforthearts.org.
- FrameWorks Gallery, 8501 Highland Road, is hosting a Pein Air Festival with a Wet Wall Reception from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 19. The work will hang through Nov. 10. Gallery hours are 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. For more information, call (225) 769-0582 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Southeastern Louisiana University’s Columbia Theatre for the Performing Arts, 220 E. Thomas St., Hammond, will present “Masters of Soul,” a celebration of the legendary songs and performers that defined Motown and soul music, at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 19. Tickets are $20-$34. For tickets, call (985) 543-4371 or visit columbiatheatre.org.