Here’s what’s happening in the area arts and cultural scene:
- The LSU School of Music has scheduled several events: the LSU Wind Ensemble concert, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 14, LSU Union Theater, Raphael Semmes Drive, Baton Rouge, tickets are $10-$20; the Ying String Quartet concert, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, April 16, LSU School of Music Recital Hall, Dalrymple Drive, Baton Rouge, tickets are $5-$10; and the LSU Gospel Choir concert, 7:30 p.m. Sunday, April 19, LSU Union Theater, tickets are $10-$20. For tickets, call (225) 578-5128 or visit wp.music.lsu.edu.
- Tickets are on sale for Swine Palace’s production of Karen Zacaria’s play, “The Book Club Play,” which opens Wednesday, April 22, in the Reilly Theatre, Tower Drive. For tickets, call (225) 578-3527 or visit swinepalace.org.
- The opening reception for the Associated Women in the Arts’ Art Show and Sale will be 5:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday, April 16, in the Senate chamber of Louisiana’s Old State Capitol, 100 North Blvd., Baton Rouge. The show will run through Sunday, May 3. Admission is free. For more information, call (225) 342-0500.
- St. James Community Theater has scheduled auditions for its production of “The Addams Family.” An informational meeting and dance instruction is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Monday, May 4, at the Riverside Academy Band Hall, 332 Railroad Ave., Reserve.
Auditions will take place at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday, May 5-7, in the St. Peter’s School Auditorium, 188 W. Seventh St., Reserve. Show dates will be July 24-26, 30-31 and Aug. 1 at St. Peter’s School. For more information, visit stjamestheater.org.
- Tickets are on sale for the Arts Council of Pointe Coupee’s 2015 Performance Arts Series concert by Bob McDonner at 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 17, in the Poydras Center at 500 W. Main St., New Roads. For tickets, call (225) 638-6049 or (225) 718-1574.
- The Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge’s free Sunday in the Park concert will begin at 2 p.m. Sunday, April 12, with the New Zealand blues group, Swamp Thing, at the Arts Council, 427 Laurel St.
For more information, visit artsbr.org.
- Three Rivers Gallery, 333 Boston St., Covington, is showing “Unfinished Business,” an exhibition of paitings by Tanya Dischler through Saturday, May 2.
For more information, call (985) 892-2811 or visit threeriversgallery.com.
— Compiled by Robin Miller firstname.lastname@example.org