Here’s what’s happening this week in the area arts and cultural scene:
- The deadline is Monday, June 1, for entries to Forum 35’s Art Melt 2015. The statewide juried art show will run July 25 through Aug. 27 at the Capitol Park Museum, 660 N. Fourth St., Baton Rouge. The show is open to Louisiana artists age 18 or older. The entry fee is $40. Email email@example.com.
- Registration is open for Of Moving Colors Productions’ summer arts camp, set for Monday through Friday, July 13-17, at First Presbyterian Church, 763 North Blvd., Baton Rouge. The camp, created for girls between ages 5-12, will offer a complete arts immersion including classes in dance, theatre, music and visual art, culminating in an onstage production inspired by the children’s book, “Flippy Goes on a Road Trippy.” To register, visit ofmoving.colors.org.
- Tickets are on sale for Theatre Baton Rouge’s summer musical, Meredith Wilson’s “The Music Man,” which opens 7:30 p.m. Friday, June 5, on the theater’s Main Stage, 7155 Florida Blvd. Tickets are $28, individuals; $24, subscribers; $25, groups of 10 or more; and $20, students. For tickets, call (225) 924-6496 or visit theatrebr.org.
- Tickets are on sale for Playmakers of Baton Rouge’s production of Disney’s “Shrek the Musical,” which opens Friday, June 5, in the Reilly Theatre, Tower Drive on the LSU campus. Tickets are $20, adults; $15, children ages 2-11. Group rates are available for 10 or more. Call (225) 578-6996 or visit playmakersbr.org.
- “Favorite Faces,” featuring artwork and photos related to theme, is showing throgh Sunday, May 31, at River Community Church, 36367 Old Perkins Road, Prairieville. Hours are 9 a.m.-noon Sundays and on weekdays when the church office is open. Admission is free. all (225) 744-4367 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “The Art of Vinyl,” an exhibition celebrating iconic album art as an expression and connection fo the music and cultural trends of its era, will open Thursday, May 28, at the Gallery at the Manship Theatre in the Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St., Baton Rouge. Admission is free. Visit manshiptheatre.org
Compiled by Robin Miller, email@example.com