Here’s what’s happening in the area arts and cultural scene:
- Ascension Community Theatre will conduct auditions for its upcoming production of “Arsenic and Old Lace” from 3-6 p.m. today, Sept. 14, and 7-10 p.m. Monday, Sept. 15, at the theater, 823 N. Felicity Ave., Gonzales. Callbacks will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 16. The show runs Thursdays through Sundays, Nov. 6-9 and 13-15. For more information, call (225) 647-1230 or visit ascensioncommunitytheatre.org.
- The Nature Conservancy of Louisiana and Beauregard Gallery, 715 Europe St., Baton Rouge, are hosting “A Night of Art and Science” from 5:30-7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 18. The gallery will showcase nature photography from The Conservancy’s State Land Steward Matt Pardue, as well as a recently published book on the Atchafalaya Basin by Director of Freshwater and Marine Science Bryan Piazza. For information, call (225) 383-1932.
- The LSU Museum of Art has scheduled several events this week: MUSE, Art for Homeschoolers, will feature “Body in Motion: Exploring the Art of Movement With LeRoy Neiman” at 1 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 18; “Museum After Dark: LSU Sports Trivia Night with Special Guests,” 6-8 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 18; and Neighborhood Arts Project @ Gardner Initiative, “READY, SET … GO/Sports and Art, Exploring LeRoy Neiman,” 1-3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 20, at Ned Avenue. For details, admission or information, call (225) 389-7200.
- The St. Tammany Art Association, 320 N. Columbia St., Covington, is showing, “Views from New Orleans: Contemporary Art from the New Orleans Museum of Art” through Oct. 25. A gallery talk by Alice Yelen-Gitter is set for 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 20. Admission is free. Call (985) 892-8650 or visit sttammanyartassociation.org.
- The West Baton Rouge Museum, 845 N. Jefferson Ave., Port Allen, will feature historian Catherine Jacquet in the Lunchtime Lecture “Women’s Lives During the World War I Era,” at noon Wednesday, Sept. 24. Admission is free. Call (225) 336-2422 or visit westbatonrougemuseum.com.
- Tickets are on sale for Swine Palace’s production of Victor Gialanell’s “Frankenstein,” which runs Oct. 1-12, in the Claude L. Shaver Theatre in the LSU Music and Dramatic Arts Building, Dalrymple Drive, Baton Rouge. Tickets range from $15 to $30. Call (225) 578-3527 or visit swinepalace.org.
- Entries will be accepted for the 44th annual Acadian Art Show from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 8, at the Iberville Parish Library, 24605 J. Gerald Berret Blvd., Plaquemine. Competition is open to nonprofessional and professional artists. All work must be original. Call (225) 687-4397, (225) 687-2520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.