Here’s what’s going on this week in the area arts and cultural scene:
- The Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge’s final Holiday Arts Market will be 8 a.m.-noon Saturday, Dec. 20, at Fifth Street near Main Street, downtown Baton Rouge. Admission is free. For more information, call (225) 344-8558.
- The Baton Rouge Concert Band will perform during “Santa Rocks the Rowe” at 6 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 20, at Perkins Rowe. Admission is free. For more information, visit perkinsrowe.com/events.
- BREC’s Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Center, 10503 N. Oak Hills Parkway, Baton Rouge, will host the “American Decoy Exhibit” through Feb. 28. Hours are 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and noon-5 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $3, adults; $2, children ages 3-17; and $2.50, seniors 65 and older. For more information, call (225) 757-8905.
- Tickets are on sale for a performance by singer/songwriter Bud Torres & Company at 7 p.m. Jan. 15, at the Julien Poydras Museum Arts Center, 500 W. Main St., New Roads, to benefit the museum building. Seating is limited to 200. Tickets are $25 or $50 for couples. For tickets, call (225) 638-6575 or email Julie Lee: email@example.com.
- The exhibit, “Nature’s Essence: Two Visions,” featuring paintings by Marcia Holmes and Jim Seitz, will run through Feb. 7 at the St. Tammany Art Association, 320 N. Columbia St., downtown Covington. For more information, call (985) 892-8650 or visit sttammanyartassociation.org.