- ST. TAMMANY PARISH FAIR: Covington. Exhibits, food, a livestock show, rodeo, live entertainment and a carnival. www.sttammanyparishfair.info
- TANGIPAHOA PARISH FAIR: Amite. Live entertainment, 4-H activities and displays, carnival rides, games, a gumbo cook-off; music, parade and food. www.tangipahoaparishfair.org
- GRETNA HERITAGE FESTIVAL: Gretna. Seven stages in a 25-block area offering famous musical acts, along with carnival rides and games, arts and crafts, and local cuisine. Festival offers free shuttle, parking and pedestrian ferry to festival grounds area. www.gretnafest.com
- OPELOUSAS SPICE AND MUSIC FESTIVAL: Opelousas. The City of Opelousas hosts the annual festival that features Cajun and zydeco music, Creole and Cajun food, carnival rides, pageant, parade and more.
- ST. LUKE’S FALL ARTS AND CRAFTS FAIR: 9 a.m-5 p.m., St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 8833 Goodwood Blvd., Baton Rouge. It’s the 35th year for the annual festival, which features arts, crafts and food. (225) 926-5343
- SHADOWS ARTS AND CRAFTS FAIR: 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Shadows-on-the-Teche, 317 E. Main St., New Iberia. More than 100 vendors from around the state will exhibit and sell original work. www.iberiatravel.com
- DENHAM SPRINGS ANTIQUE VILLAGE FALL FESTIVAL: 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Antique District, Denham Springs. Arts and crafts, children’s activities, rides, games, military exhibits, community and civic displays and live entertainment. Free. www.denhamspringsantiquedistrict.com.
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
- GERMANFEST: 1:30 p.m., St. Leo Church, 7166 Roberts Cove Road, Rayne. The 20th anniversary celebration of the Roberts Cove Germanfest. (337) 334-8354
- SUGARFEST: 11 a.m.-4 p.m., West Baton Rouge Museum, 845 N. Jefferson Ave., Port Allen. In celebration of the anniversary of sugar-making in Louisiana. Free. (225) 336-244 or www.westbatonrougemuseum.com
TUESDAY-SATURDAY, OCT. 11
- LOUISIANA COTTON FESTIVAL: Ville Platte. A dance with Cajun music, carnival, harvest Mass, a parade and a Le Tournoi competition featuring knights in armor on horseback. www.louisianacottonfestival.com
SATURDAY-SUNDAY, OCT. 12
- LIVINGSTON PARISH FAIR: Livingston Fairgrounds. The fair offers a variety of activities, food, carnival rides and fun. Parade kicks off the festivities on Saturday. www.livingstonparishfair.org
Compiled by Red staff