- RICK MICHOT MARIACHI: 7 p.m., El Potrillo, 1934 Moss Street, Lafayette.
FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR FISHING TOURNAMENT: 7 P.M.-MIDNIGHT, LA. EXPRESS BOAT DOCK, JARREAU. ENTRY FEES APPLY TO FISH THE TOURNAMENT AND FISHERMEN MUST QUALIFY TO FISH THE FINAL CLASSIC TOURNAMENT. $30. (225) 293-3402
- HAMMOND FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, West Thomas Street, Hammond. Check out fresh produce, arts and crafts. (985) 277-5681 or email@example.com
- JEANERETTE FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Jeanerette City Park, Tarleton Street, Jeanerette. Check out locally-grown foods and handmade items. (337) 276-4293 or jeanerettechamber.org
- LAFOURCHE CENTRAL MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Lafourche Central Market Pavilion, 4484 La. 1, Raceland. Meet local farmers, fishermen and artisans at this free event. (985) 438-1231 or facebook.com/lafourchecentralmarket
- PATRIOT’S DAY CONCERT: 3 p.m. Regional Military Museum, 1154 Barrow St., Houma. The South Louisiana Community Orchestra will perform a patriotic melody. Admission is $6 per person. Children 12 and under, and military or first responders in uniform, get in for free. (985) 873-8200
- GLC FARMERS MARKET: 2 p.m.-6 p.m., GLC Meat Market, 211 N. Main St., Loreauville. (337) 577-9160 or glcranch.com/glc-meat-market
- TUESDAY NIGHT FISHING TOURNAMENT: 6 p.m.-9 p.m., False River. The tournament will take place every Tuesday through September. (225) 240-0174
- EUNICE FARMERS MARKET: 1 p.m., corner of Second and Park streets, Eunice. (337) 457-6503 or EuniceLa@hotmail.com
- ACADIANA GROWERS ALLIANCE FARMERS MARKET: 4 p.m.-6 p.m., First United Methodist Church Ministries Center, 211 W. St. Peter St., New Iberia. (337) 367-0838 or facebook.com/bestlifeflashmarket
- “A RAISIN IN THE SUN”: 7:30 p.m., Iberia Performing Arts League, 126 Iberia St., New Iberia. The show starts Sept. 10 and runs through Sept. 20. Thursday, Friday and Saturday shows will be at 7:30 p.m., with the Sunday matinees at 3:00 p.m. Tickets are $10. (337) 364-6114.
- “THE CONSTANT CHANGE”: Hammond Regional Arts Center, 217 East Thomas St. Hammond. The exhibition featuring the sculpture work of Sarah House will be on display through Sept. 25. Hours are noon-6 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- BAYOU TECHE MUSEUM: 131 W. Main St., New Iberia. Hours are 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday. (337) 606-5977 or bayoutechemuseum.org
- JEANERETTE MUSEUM: 500 E. Main St., Jeanerette. Learn about the last 200 years of the sugarcane industry, the cypress lumber industry and the days of the steamboat. Hours are 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday-Friday. (337) 276-4408 or jeanerettemuseum.com
- LE VIEUX VILLAGE: 828 E. Landry St., Opelousas. Hours are 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. . cityofopelousas.com/le-vieux-village
- ROSEDOWN PLANTATION STATE HISTORIC SITE: La. 10, St. Francisville. (225) 635-3110 or lastateparks.com
- UNIVERSITY ART MUSEUM: University of Louisiana at Lafayette, 710 E. St. Mary Blvd., Lafayette. “Selections from the UL College of Art Faculty” will be on display through Dec. 12. Hours are 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. (337) 482-2278 or hilliardmuseum.org
Washington Art Gallery: Corner of Veterans Boulevard and Church Street, Washington. Hours are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday-Sunday. See “Washington Historic,” an exhibit of paintings, including colorful, abstract Louisiana landscapes. (337) 351-3043 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Compiled by Marchaund Jones