- COOKIN’ ON THE CANE BBQ COMPETITION AND FESTIVAL: downtown Natchitoches. Sanctioned by the International Barbeque Cookers Association (IBCA) and with a state proclamation naming it a State Championship, the Sixth Annual Cookin’ on the Cane offers music and food in addition to the cooking contest.
- BUGGY FESTIVAL OF CHURCH POINT: City Park, 100 E. Darbonne St., Church Point. The festival salutes the buggy of yesteryear and features food, crafts, buggy displays and a grand parade. acadiatourism.org
- GHEENS BON MANGÉ FESTIVAL: Vacherie-Gheens Community Center, Gheens. This festival offers Cajun dishes and sweets, live entertainment, children’s rides, a truck, car and bike show and a live auction. gheensbonmange.webs.com
CAJUN HERITAGE FESTIVAL: LAROSE CIVIC CENTER AND LAROSE REGIONAL PARK, LAROSE. DECOY SHOW AND LIVE AUCTION, PLUS CARVING DEMOS, DUCK CALLING CONTEST, WOOD CARVING CONTEST, CAJUN FOOD, VENDORS AND RAFFLES.
- LOUISIANA CAJUN-ZYDECO FESTIVAL: Louis Armstrong Park, 701 N. Rampart St., New Orleans. Traditional and modern performers of Cajun and zydeco music, as well as crafts, seafood and arts. jassandheritage.org/Cajun-zydeco
- GREATER NEW ORLEANS FLORAL TRAIL: Jackson Square, New Orleans. “The Festival of Flowers” crowns a queen with her court, then parades through the French Quarter by carriage to the coronation ball at the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel. facebook.com/floraltrail
THURSDAY-SATURDAY, JUNE 13
- LOUISIANA CORN FESTIVAL: Lake Street, Bunkie. Rides, food, music, sports tournaments, pageants, parades and cooking competitions. bunkiechamber.net/cornfestival
THURSDAY-SUNDAY, JUNE 14
- FESTIGALS 2015: Locations vary. New Orleans’ original women’s getaway weekend celebration for “ordinary women, extraordinary journeys.” Events, seminars and a Bodacious Bras for a Cause luncheon and auction are planned. Package price, $395. festigals.org
Compiled by Red staff