- STARKS MAYHAW FESTIVAL: La. 12 and La. 109, Starks. Arts and crafts, food, carnival rides, and gospel and country-western music are featured. mayhawfest.com
- PLAQUEMINES PARISH SEAFOOD AND HERITAGE FESTIVAL: F. Edward Hebert Boulevard, Belle Chasse. Local seafood and other local food specialties plus live music, local artists and craftsmen, carnival rides and helicopter rides over an historic battlefield. plaqueminesparishfestival.com
- MID-CITY BAYOU BOOGALOO: 500 N. Jefferson Davis Parkway, New Orleans. Music, food, an arts market against the backdrop of Bayou St. John. thebayouboogaloo.com
- TUNICA-BILOXI POW WOW: 5 p.m.-10 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, Earl J. Barbry, Sr. Convention Center, Paragon Casino Resort, Marksville. Tunica-Biloxi Singers and Legend Keepers (storytelling and songs), gourd dancing, dance and drum competition, vendors, food, craft vendors and more. $5, general; $3, children 5 and younger.
- LOUISIANA VETERANS’ FESTIVAL: Northshore Harbor Center, 100 Harbor Center Blvd., Slidell. A day of tribute and honor for all Louisiana veterans, activities include a tribute, car show, amusement rides, entertainment, arts and crafts, Louisiana cuisine, drinks and more surprises. 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. $8; $5, veterans. laveteransfestival.com
- SOUTHERN GARDEN FESTIVAL: 9 a.m.-5 p.m., home of Sarah & Harold Schoeffler, 3502 E. Simcoe, Lafayette. The event includes a garden tour, art, live musical performances, bayou boat tours, children’s activities, Master Gardener presentations, exhibits, garden fairies and more. $10. To benefit the mission of Family Promise of Acadiana. familypromiseacadiana.org
WEDNESDAY-SATURDAY, MAY 23
- NEW ORLEANS WINE AND FOOD EXPERIENCE: various locations, New Orleans. From vinter dinners to wine strolls, seminars to grand tastings, this gourmand’s paradise is a four-day event packed with the flavors of the city. nowfe.com
- FOURTH ANNUAL KROTZ SPRINGS SPORTSMEN’S HERITAGE FESTIVAL: 5:30 p.m. Friday, 7 a.m. Saturday and 8:30 a.m. Sunday, Nall Park, 562 Front St., Krotz Springs. The festival promotes the wetlands and woodlands that surround its community. There will be live music, a cook-off and more. (337) 566-3527 or kssportsmenheritagefestival.com
- CAJUN HEARTLAND STATE FAIR: Cajundome, Lafayette. Rides, petting zoo, entertainment and more.
Compiled by Red staff