- 20TH ANNUAL HOT AUGUST NIGHT: 6 p.m.-10 p.m., downtown Hammond. Art strolls, music, wine tastings, contests and Lionpawlooza, pep rally in celebration of SLU Lions’ football. www.dddhammond.com
- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR FISHING TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m.-midnight, La. Express Boat Dock, Jarreau. Entry fees apply to fish the tournament and fishermen must qualify to fish the final classic tournament. $30. (225) 293-3402
- HAMMOND FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, West Thomas Street, Hammond. Fresh produce, arts and crafts. (985) 277-5681 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- JEANERETTE FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Jeanerette City Park, Tarleton St., Jeanerette. Locally grown foods and handmade items. (337) 276-4293 or jeanerettechamber.org
- LAFOURCHE CENTRAL MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Lafourche Central Market Pavilion, 4484 La. 1, Raceland. Local farmers, fishermen, artisans and more. Free. (985) 438-1231 or facebook.com/lafourchecentralmarket
- DETECTING SCIENCE: 1 p.m.- 5 p.m., LIGO Science Education Center, 19100 Ligo Road, Livingston. Take a tour of the facility and talk to a LIGO Scientist. In addition, visitors can explore and interact with over 40 LIGO Science Concept exhibits. (225) 686-3100 or Text ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorText ColorText ColorText Colorligo.caltech.edu/LA Text ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorSwatch/NoneStrokeStyle/$ID/SolidText ColorText ColorText ColorText Color
- NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM - FUNDRAISER & MEMBERSHIP DRIVE: 7 p.m., 11757 Ferdinand St., St. Francisville. Cocktails and buffet. Casual attire. $50. RSVP at (225) 635-6330.
- GLC FARMERS MARKET: 2 p.m.-6 p.m., GLC Meat Market, 211 N. Main St., Loreauville. (337) 577-9160 or glcranch.com/glc-meat-market
- TUESDAY NIGHT FISHING TOURNAMENT: 6 p.m.-9 p.m., False River. Every Tuesday through September. (225) 240-0174
STRAWBERRY JAM: 5:30 P.M.-7:30 P.M., STRAWBERRY STADIUM, SLU, HAMMOND. PEP RALLY, T-SHIRTS, FOOD, MUSIC. PRESENTED BY SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA ATHLETICS STUDENT MARKETING AND PROMOTIONS.
- EUNICE FARMERS MARKET: 1 p.m., corner of Second and Park streets, Eunice. (337) 457-6503 or EuniceLa@hotmail.com
- ACADIANA GROWERS ALLIANCE FARMERS MARKET: 4 p.m.-6 p.m., First United Methodist Church Ministries Center, 211 W. St. Peter St., New Iberia. (337) 367-0838 or facebook.com/bestlifeflashmarket
- JAMBALAYA DINNER FUNDRAISER: 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Cottonport Community Center, Main Street, New Roads. Hosted by Pointe Coupee Animal Shelter. $8 per dinner plate. Contributions will help defray costs to house and feed animals.
- AUTHOR’S SALON: 5:30 p.m.-8 p.m., Hammond Regional Arts Center, 217 E. Thomas St., Hammond. Featuring author, humorist and inspirational speaker Kathryn Martin.
- BAYOU TECHE MUSEUM: 131 W. Main St., New Iberia. Hours: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday. (337) 606-5977 or bayoutechemuseum.org
- HAMMOND REGIONAL ARTS CENTER: 217 E. Thomas St., Hammond. “Quilting Arts,” through Friday, Aug. 28. Hours: Noon-6 p.m. Monday through Friday. (985) 542-7113 or hammondarts.org
- JEANERETTE MUSEUM: 500 E. Main St., Jeanerette. Step into the past and learn about the last 200 years of the sugarcane industry, the cypress lumber industry and the days of the steamboat. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. (337) 276-4408 or jeanerettemuseum.com
LE VIEUX VILLAGE: 828 E. Landry St., Opelousas. Hours: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. An interpretive exhibit designed to teach locals and visitors about zydeco, one of the region’s musical treasures. The presentation includes seven panels that display the legends of zydeco, the history and information on how these Creole sounds developed from the colonial period to the present in South Louisiana. cityofopelousas.com/le-vieux-village
ROSEDOWN PLANTATION STATE HISTORIC SITE: La. 10, St. Francisville. (225) 635-3110 or www.lastateparks.com
University art museum: University of Louisiana at Lafayette, 710 E. St. Mary Blvd., Lafayette. “Selections from the UL College of Art Faculty,” through Dec. 12; and “Her Self: Works by Kathy Sosa,” through Saturday, Aug. 29. Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday, 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Wednesday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. (337) 482-2278 or hilliardmuseum.org
Washington ARt GAllery: Corner of Veterans Boulevard and Church Street, Washington. Hours: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday through Sunday. “Washington Historic,” an exhibit of paintings, including colorful, abstract Louisiana landscapes. (337) 351-3043 or email@example.com
Compiled by Whitney Christy