- ALLEN PARISH CANOE FESTIVAL: Allen Parish Fairgrounds, Oberlin. The festival features carnival rides, games, food vendors and entertainment. All proceeds go toward scholarships for Allen Parish students. thecanoefestival.com
- FESTIVAL INTERNATIONAL DE LOUISIANE: Downtown Lafayette, with shuttles from Cajun Field, 2351 W. Congress St. Expansive festival with music, food, a fine arts market, a world market, workshops, theater and other performing arts. festivalinternational.org
- ÉTOUFFÉE FESTIVAL: St. John Francis Regis Church Grounds, 370 Main St., Arnaudville. This festival features a mayor’s cooking competition, a variety of étouffées and other foods, music, rides and arts and crafts.
- THE ITALIAN FESTIVAL: 500081 U.S. 51, Tickfaw. Three days of entertainment, rides, parades, pageants and cuisine celebrate the rich heritage of the area. theitalianfestivalorg.com
- LECOMPTE PIE FESTIVAL: Old Lecompte High School grounds, Elm Street and La. 456, Lecompte. Food, carnival rides, parades, royalty and pies in the state’s official pie capital. asliceoflouisiana.net
- ST. JOAN OF ARC’S FAIR: 529 W. Fifth St., LaPlace. Sample food dishes from vendors around the area, plus rides and games for kids of all ages. Plan to take part in the Fun Run/Walk on Saturday.
- NEW ORLEANS JAZZ & HERITAGE FESTIVAL: Fair Grounds Race Course, 1751 Gentilly Blvd., New Orleans. Mega-music festival with food, crafts, demonstrations and a lineup of glittering talent at stages and tents throughout the grounds. $70 at the gate, $58 in advance, $5 children ages 2-10. nojazzfest.com
- SPRING STREET FAIR: First, Second and Erlanger streets, Slidell. More than 200 vendors offer antiques, jewelry, art, crafts, toys and collectibles, plus live music. slidellantiques.com
- LAUREL VALLEY SPRING FESTIVAL: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., 595 La. 308, Thibodaux. Enjoy Cajun food and homemade sweets at this festival that benefits the Laurel Valley Village, the largest American surviving sugar cane plantation complex.
- NOLA CRAWFISH FESTIVAL: NOLA Brewery and Tap Room, 3001 Tchoupitoulas St., New Orleans. New festival celebrates music, food and brews in this weekday after-hours fest over three nights. $45 and up. nolacrawfishfest.com
- ZFEST — ZACHARY ARTS & MUSIC FESTIVAL: BREC Zachary Community Park, 20101 Old Scenic Highway, Zachary. The ninth annual event will be a weekend full of activities for art and music lovers. Food and fun will be in abundance.
- THIBODAUX FIREMEN’S FAIR AND PARADE: 1101 Tiger Drive, Thibodaux. Proceeds from this festival benefit the volunteer fire department. Music, food, auctions, a run/walk and parade are highlights. firemensfair.com
- CONTRABAND DAYS: Lake Charles Civic Center, 900 Lakeshore Drive, Lake Charles. Celebrating Jean Lafitte and his hidden treasures, the events are held at and around the Lake Charles Civic Center and include crawfish races, Cajun Days, boat races and pirates capturing the city of Lake Charles. contrabanddays.com